3 month contract to hire position, W2 only, No C2C - Must be local
Job Description: Sr. IT Engineer (Cloud infrastructure) is a key role on Client's Analytics team, with a focus on evaluating, analyzing and supporting cloud infrastructure required for functioning of Data science tools and machine learning activities. This person will have deep knowledge of cloud platforms like Google cloud and Microsoft Azure, good understanding of data science and machine learning tools and will provide critical technical support to data science project teams and cross-functional business partners. This person will act as the technical point of contact for SIP Cloud infrastructure to host data science and machine learning tools and technologies. This person should have the ability and intention to quickly learn new technologies in cloud analytics and business processes and should collaborate well with business and technical teams in rolling out data science and machine learning solutions across the company. Job Overview:
- IT Engineer with five plus years of progressive responsibility and experience in working with cloud platforms like Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Evaluate requirements for setting up Google Cloud Platform cloud clusters, VMs and recommend best practices.
Install and support machine learning packages like H2O, Tensorflow etc. to support solution development.
- Support initial tool setup and recommend tune up of the cloud computation environments.
Establish cost monitoring process and monitor costs on a regular basis.
- Hands-on experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies.
- Work with various internal and external to Client systems that are sources of data for Client's Analytics and Data science platforms.
- Provide thought leadership in Project and Support paradigm to technical teams and key business stakeholders in defining cloud technology solutions and services.
- Analyze cloud infrastructure setup and suggest improvements as necessary.
- Document, develop and implement best practices for cloud infrastructure that supports Data science and machine learning tools and technologies. Ensure delivery teams follow Client's best practices.
- Plan and implement strategy and roadmaps for cloud platforms.
- Work closely with 3rd party consulting partners to ensure high quality on-time deliverables.
Nice to have / Cross trained:
- Hands-on experience with Python or other data science related languages.
- Evaluate, install and support ETL tools on cloud environments.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with minimum IT experience of 7 years.
- Good understanding about machine learning tools & packages like H2O, TensorFlow, Keras etc.
- Experience in configuring & setup of clusters and VMs in Google Cloud Platform or other cloud platforms.
- Experience in supporting data scientists and machine learning engineers in terms of installing and managing machine learning tools/packages (i.e. H2O, TensorFlow) in cloud environment.
- Deep understanding about cloud computing environment, and cloud-based data warehouses (Snowflake), spark, cloud based ETL tools like IICS.
- A team player with the ability to sell change effectively and influence others with a can-do attitude and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally