GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation's top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Security Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Security Engineers are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered.
Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients. Position is remote/virtual; however candidates must reside locally within the Illinois/Michigan/Minnesota/Wisconsin region for local travel when necessary.Position Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years in an enterprise level security consultative, vendor, or operational role building and assessing Information Security architectures and programs
• Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including: network security and architecture, NGFW, cloud security, Data Security, Vulnerability & Risk Management, Proxy, EDR, IAM, SIEM & Analytics
• A good listener to work with clients to understand issues/gaps in their security programs and works alongside them to provide solutions
• Proactively research and engage emerging vendors and technologies to understand how they may be used to solve our clients challenges
• Excellent soft skills with the ability to articulate complex technical content to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Proactively works to mature the business, including improving existing offerings and creating new offerings
• Author comprehensive business and technical collateral to support the business that is proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences
• Security Engineers work from remote/virtual when not visiting client locations
• Position will require travel within the Chicago / Detroit / Minneapolis / Milwaukee metro area
• Expectations for this role is 70% Presales and 30% deliveryTechnical Requirements:
• Deep proficiency in multiple security technologies, including: network security, NGFW, cloud security, DLP, CASB, Proxy, IAM, SIEM/Analytics, etc.
• Deep expertise architecting and designing enterprise scale security solutions
• Strong networking and security troubleshooting
• Deep proficiency in various client and server operating systems (Windows, Nix, OSX, etc.)
• Working technical knowledge of advanced security concepts (Zero trust, defense in depth, etc.)Preferred:
• Experience with security technologies including Symantec DLP, ForeScout, Palo Alto, Check Point, CrowdStrike, Splunk, and AWS/Azure/GCP
• Educational & Professional Credentials
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry OR as a technical lead for an internal Information Security program
• Previous pre-sales experience is strongly preferredWhy GuidePoint?
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 700 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,000 Enterprise-Level customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company's success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.Some added perks....
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions, working on-site may be required for Federal positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums with generous employer family contributions
- 11 corporate holidays in 2022 (12 in 2023) and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Pet Care plan