Healthcare's helping hand.
CHG shook things up in 1979 by inventing the locum tenens staffing model. We connect doctors with patients who need their care. As the largest physician staffing firm in America, our providers treat millions of patients each year.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you'll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
As a Systems Engineer, you will help build and administer CHG's infrastructure with a focus on implementation, automation, monitoring, support, and documentation of our IT Systems. This position requires technical skills and the ability to understand, configure, administer, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in both Windows and Linux OS' in a hybrid cloud environment. You will manage all aspects of IT infrastructure to ensure reliable, secure, and cost-effective delivery of services.Your role:
- Configure, monitor, and support existing physical and virtual server infrastructure
- Build and install new server infrastructure as needed
- Conduct high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption and establish preventive measures
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance
- Develop and maintain documentation for managed systems and software
- Coordinate with inter departmental teams on projects
Education & Experience
- VMware experience (vCenter, ESXi, VDS) and ability to recommend improvements of virtual infrastructure if necessary
- Experience administering Windows Server technologies (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, DFS, Clustering, PKI)
- Experience managing O365 installations
- Linux administration experience
- Knowledge of system backup and archiving technologies (e.g. Veeam, Rubrik)
- Understanding of monitoring tools (e.g. LogicMonitor, DataDog, PRTG)
- Demonstrated ability with at least one scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, PowerCLI, Bash etc)
- Experience with configuration management tools to automate and simplify administration of IT systems
- Ability to see how the immediate, smaller project fits into a much larger and long term project and strategic direction
- Ability to mentor, be mentored, and partner with peers
- BS degree in technical field or equivalent work experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise private and public cloud infrastructure
- 3-5 years of increasing experience and knowledge in the installation, configuration, design, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting of an enterprise datacenter
In return, we offer:
- Advanced understanding of virtual infrastructure (vCenter, Nutanix), networks, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of MSSQL and MySQL database technologies
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work schedules - including work from home options available
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Healthcare coverage with corporate wellness program
- Free health center and health coaching for employees and dependents
- 18 days of PTO your first year and paid holidays
- Up to 16 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Award-winning training and development programs
Click here to learn more about our company and culture.
To have your resume reviewed by someone on our Talent Acquisition team, click on the "apply" link at the top of the screen.We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerVeterans/DisabledWe are an at-will employer