Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
Actively participate in the organization's transition of application and database design, development, and maintenance to the cloud. We are seeking a talented Cloud database professional with a proven track record of administration, engineering and operationalizing the Cloud Data Platform including integration with associated Azure/AWS Services and on-premise infrastructure. Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Migrate on-prem MS SQL Server database systems/Applications to AWS/Azure Cloud .
- Manage, support and maintain Cloud database environment as well as MS SQL Server databases and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms
- Oversees system patches or security updates
- Monitor all system alerts and assist to resolve complex issues in system hardware and software.
- Administer efficient work of servers and system and provide support to everyday operations.
- Supervise efficient application of various window patches and security controls.
- Install and configure various commercial products on window operating systems.
- Supervise system software processor and prepare upgrade strategies for storage.
- Administer and execute various management activities and manage all backup activities.
- Coordinate with various groups and perform troubleshoot on all production problems and provide resolution.
- Collaborate with networking department and install necessary hardware to systems.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2016,2019
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Hands On experience with Azure/AWS Cloud technologies/Platform
- Knowledge of design and integration principles for complex, heterogeneous databases
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server technologies and database concepts is mandatory
- Excellent in troubleshooting production or development environments issues and problem solving (in both infrastructure and database performance)
- Excellent database infrastructure knowledge, including the surrounding technologies that support complex database systems (Physical and VM Compute Infrastructure, SAN Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure, etc.)
- Self-starter, faster learner, and the ability to multi-task are mandatory
- Team player and the ability to work effectively within a group as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills
- Able to perform after-hours and/or weekend support when required
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.