TeamSoft is looking for BI Data Architect for a short-term (2-month) contract opportunity in Madison, Wisconsin. This role will consult with Insurance clients to gather BI data requirements, and designs and develops solutions to provide business insights and manage business performance. This role will be responsible for the analysis, design, and delivery of BI data solutions for Insurance data warehousing, analytics and big data clients.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the analysis, design and development of the whole data solution for Insurance data warehouses, staging, ODS, data marts, reports and analytics
- Design and develop all data models conceptual, logical and physical optimized
- Instantiate the physical models on SQL Server or Azure SQL Data Warehouse applying techniques to optimize for data load, data storage and data access
- Design the solution to support two-way integration of data sourced from insurance systems, web-based systems and other systems as needed.
- Ensure analysis and design is completed efficiently and accurately and incorporates the entire set of data requirements.
- Own creation and maintenance of documentation across the entire life-cycle
- Participate in pre-sales, sales, training and support
- Deliver on-site technical engagement with clients
- Works with BI Analytics Developer, BI Architect and BI ETL Developer to design and develop the complete technical solution.
- Insurance KPIs, and metrics, ideally in at least one business area (e.g. Actuarial, Claims ,Operations etc)
- Develops Power BI Reports, Dashboards, implement complex hierarchical row level security, publish reports to power BI service and establish gate way refresh schedules.
- Implement calculations, perspectives, hierarchy structures, score cards and key performance indicators
- 5 Years Insurance BI, analytics and data warehousing projects
- 10 years of systems architecture experience, with a heavy emphasis on data architecture and data integration
- Ensure common application architectural framework across different subject areas and conformance with best practices. Proven experience in designing and deploying conformed dimensions is a must
- 10 years of hands-on IT experience, to include data warehouse, business intelligence, custom development, data analytics and reporting, master data management, requirements gathering, and solutions design
- Strong experience/exposure to Microsoft data management suite including SQL Server, Azure SQL DW, SSIS, SSRS, & Power BI
- 5 years of data profiling and data cleansing
- 2-3 years’ experience of a leading ETL tool and thorough understanding of data extraction, transformation and load processes and data architecture best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise closely with business and IT leadership to establish, defend, and persuade implementing recommended solutions
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Must work independently with minimal direction and be ability to deal with a dynamic environment
- Experience leading others through the full development life-cycle
- BI Certification a plus
*A full position description will be provided to qualified candidates.
Find out why TeamSoft is the technology leader with over 200 IT consultants. Managed by IT professionals, TeamSoft is the clear choice for your career. Join the TeamSoft family today!
Did you know?
- We are rated the top vendor at Madison's 2 largest clients
- TeamSoft offers salaried options for many positions that include 5 weeks PTO and great benefits!
- TeamSoft has been in business since 1996
- TeamSoft’s Executives are IT professionals who possess a wealth of experience in application development, business analysis, and project management
- TeamSoft’s Recruiters are knowledgeable, friendly, and ready to help you make your next great career move
- TeamSoft offers a full benefits suite to all of our W2 consultants, including a 401k plan with a 100% vested 4% dollar for dollar match
- Our targeted selection process is designed to get to know your strengths and career interests and provide you with the best chance for success in your new position
- Our longest running consultant has been with us for 16 years
- Consultants can participate in our charitable giving committee. To date, TeamSoft’s charitable giving committee has donated over $100,000!
TeamSoft is operated by IT professionals. Our team has deep experience with IT staffing. Our clients understand this and rely on our expertise. That is why TeamSoft is the largest IT consulting firm founded in the Madison Area, with more than 200 current consultants! With over 50 active clients, TeamSoft will give you the greatest exposure to the widest range of IT careers.
Our executives possess a combined 60+ years of IT consulting experience. Our recruiting and Account Management staff are very well-versed in our client markets. We get you. We know you. We know what you do every day. And we know what you deal with on the job.
You take your career seriously and so do we. At TeamSoft you are not just a resume or number. Our goal is to create long-term partnerships with each of our consultants, and according to feedback from many of them, we are very good at this.
Click HERE to see what our consultants have to say about working with TeamSoft.
TeamSoft is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.