Our client is currently seeking a W2 Ab Initio Developer in Plano, TX for a 6 month right-to-hire role, must be able to work for any employer without company sponsorship now and in the future. If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with availability to speak.
This job will have the following responsibilities: Ab initio Developer with Agile Experience, Understanding of Data Modeling concepts, Basic Big Data Concepts, Oracle PL/SQL.
Ab initio Developer with Agile Experience, Understanding of Data Modeling concepts, Basic Big Data Concepts, Oracle PL/SQL
* The Software Engineer is responsible for working on an Agile development team to determine the changes needed to the data model, databases along with the necessary ETL coding and implementation for regulatory reporting.
* Responsible for design and development of various ETL processing using Ab Initio and Unix Shell scripting.
* Responsible for writing complex SQLs for data analysis and data profiling. Knowledge of database architecture/practices is essential.
* Advanced experience & demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Ab Initio tool set to create graphs, using performance improvement components, parallel processing, graph tuning, single and multi-file processing, metadata processing using EME etc.
* Strong experience on database design, best architecture practices, normalization and dimensional modeling etc. Experience working on Agile methodologies as developer.
* Preferred experience with Bigdata technologies and tools such as Apache Hadoop/Cloudera/MapR/HortonWorks, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Big Data querying tools (such as Pig, Hive, Impala), NoSQL databases (such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB) Fundamentals and Solid facilitation skills to gather the necessary (functional & technical) information to document and/or develop a strategic/tactical plan.
* Able to properly document (functional & technical) source to target mappings, process flows, data flows, technical specification and unit test document.
* Work independently in the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems of moderate size/complexity with a fast turn-around.
* Perform extensive business process analysis including data analysis and GAP analysis Apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the development process Problem-solving, keep abreast of new technologies.
* Serve as a process expert for a defined functional area, which includes: Managing key data sources & inputs Planning and ensuring implementation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Required Qualifications:
* Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related area
* 5+ years' experience in Distributed Multi-tier Application Development, Database Design, Data processing, Data Warehouse and Support mainly with Oracle technology on different platforms
* Advanced hands on experience at Ab Initio ETL design and development including EME and BRE
* Working experience as Agile developer and good understanding of SDLC methodologies/guidelines
* Experience at developing complex UNIX shell scripts
* Experience with Subversion or similar source code versioning tools and coding standards
* Experience with scheduling tool such as Control-M or similar tools Preferred Qualifications:
* 2-3 years of Mortgage/Banking/finance analytical support experience preferred, but not mandatory.
* Experience with Abnitio ETL tool * Overall experience of 10 - 15 years in application development is required