NIC’s Corporate Finance team is currently seeking applicants for an Accounting Manager
for our Olathe, Kansas location.
Acquired by Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) on April 21, 2021, NIC is a leader in digital government solutions and payments, partnering with government to deliver user-friendly digital services that make it easier and more efficient to interact with government. NIC and Tyler are united in their mission to empower public sector entities to operate more efficiently and connected more transparently with their constituents and with each other.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the accounting operations of the NIC, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and review of financial reports to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for direct oversight of accounting, management reporting, internal controls
- Manages month-end close and complete consolidation of NIC financial statements.
- Responsible for supervising and managing accounting staff of 7-9 individuals, including providing key financial communication and training related to policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintains and administers accounting policies, procedures and works with accounting staff to resolve system related issues in a timely manner for corporate departments and state subsidiaries.
- Oversees the interactions with internal audit and external audit, as applicable.
- Assist with preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements, reporting packages and schedules provided to Parent company.
- Oversees individual annual financial statement audits for subsidiaries.
- Review subsidiary workflows and implement tools and processes to improve overall efficiencies and reporting.
- Other responsibilities assigned by Divisional Controller.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience
- CPA designation, a plus
- Experience with Great Plains, Blackline, or Management Report, a plus
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant area of focus
- Supervisory and financial reporting experience
- Proven ability to communicate and lead
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Stock purchase plan
- Company wellness program
- Paid State holidays and vacation
- Tuition reimbursement