Job DescriptionAbout the team
This position reports to a Service Delivery Manager and is part of a conversion team that consists of a project manager, a business analyst, and a conversion programmer. This team serves as conversion experts and plays an integral part in ensuring the successful merging of IT systems. The team works collaboratively in implementing new clients onto the system, de-converting clients off systems, and plays a key role in activities that support bank and other financial institutions mergers and acquisitions to include: data manipulation, data translation, as well as data cleansing.
. What you will be doing
What you bring
- As the ACH Conversion Programmer you will design, code, test, debug, implement and maintain software applications to include the integration of various application components in a mainframe environment.
- You will work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies, and that comply with FIS architectural standards.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes, and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented and delivered on time and within budget.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis, and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we offer you
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 5- 7+ years' experience as an integration specialist. Experience working in mainframe environments using Cobol, DB2, and JCL
- 5 - 7+ years of demonstrated applications development experience to include serving as the development system designer or technical lead on large-scale projects.
- Ideally this role will be located in Milwaukee, WI, (or mid-west) but if remote- it is a requirement that person must be available during central standard tine work hours. (CST)
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and adept at addressing technical and non-technical audiences at various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills. Must be resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Great workspaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.EEOC Statement
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.