About the Company
AEG Vision (or “AEG”) is building a market-leading group of full-scope optometry practices through the acquisition of regional eyecare groups and independent optometry practices. AEG maintains the local brand, practice staff, store associates, and patients of its acquisitions – while investing in medical equipment, technology, infrastructure, and the team to elevate the patient experience. AEG’s core purpose is to “improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time”. We are assembling a team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work and have an outstanding patient experience.
About the role
Director or Senior Director of IT Infrastructure
Location: Dallas TX (preferred), Houston TX, Pittsburgh OH, Phoenix AZ, Denver CO, Minneapolis MN, St. Louis MO
The Director of Infrastructure is responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure that quality, efficiency, and agility goals are achieved. As a member of the IT senior leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy. They also ensure department alignment with the enterprise's business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. The Senior Director of IT Infrastructure will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices. The Senior Director of Infrastructure will have solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• IT Infrastructure Operation, Integration, Communication, Coordination with the cross functional teams
• Evaluate, build, and execute IT infrastructure plan for fast growing Optometry business with 160+ locations and poised to double in size in next two years. • Build a secure, scalable, and cost-efficient IT Infrastructure plan for or all core systems •
Project management, coordination, and smooth transition for newly acquired location.
• Ensure high-quality day-to-day IT support for all employees
• Identifies and eliminates security risks and defines standards for disaster recovery, storage, servers, and performance.
• Developing, implementing, and evaluating IT infrastructure projects in line with organizational objectives.
• Liaising with other departments, determining, and addressing their IT needs and requirements.
• Building and maintaining relationships with external advisors and vendors.
• Ensuring reported issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Build KPI dashboard for infrastructure services
• It requires work late evening and/or weekends
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering
• 10 + years progressive leadership experience in retail or distributed health services environments with 100+ locations