We are seeking a seasoned AIX Engineer with experience in running and managing day to day AIX environments in a large environment. This individual will function as part of a larger team comprised of other AIX and Middleware Engineers.
This is a telecommute position requiring shift work - all three shifts will require staffing. Shift work requires proactive monitoring - THIS IS NOT AN oncall position - you are expected to provide active monitoring and respond to alerts without being called.
You must be willing to work shifts and weekend as this is a 24 x 7 support engagement.
- 5+ Years AIX Engineer experience
- Proactive monitoring experience (performance, disk utilization, event errors, etc)
- p6/p7 hardware experience
- AIX 6.x/7/x experience
- Experience in PowerVM / Advanced Power Virtualization technologies
- General UNIX technical consulting services to IT staff and other parties are requested
- Analyze IBM pSeries environment and recommend tuning alternatives
Screening Requirements: Must be able to pass 7 year criminal backgroud check and drug screen.
Rate Details: Rate DOE but will generally fall within a range of $45-50 per hour on 1099 for standard and overtime hours. No travel is required for this position.
We do not have a current resume for you - if you are interested, please send us a copy so that we can review and chat with you.
Please - if you are not interested in this position but have friends or peers who may be interested, please feel free to pass this opportunity along to them. We would very much appreciate it and would welcome your friends and peers to our team. Please use the "Share job with others" link on the Dice navigation link.