Our Client's "Support Services” program, with a U.S Government Customer, has a need for an experienced and growth minded AIX System Administrator. This position requires an AIX System Administrator to provide the overall strategy and support for a DoD p/Series complex. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical. TS/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Polygraph required.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining computer system software for a large, complex p/Series complex.
- Diagnosing system operational problems quickly and effectively.
- Coordinating with the customer to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Enhancing system administration tools as necessary.
- Providing reliable and efficient backups and restores (as needed) for all managed systems.
- Setting up and maintaining host and network based security of the Government resources.
- Documenting system administration procedures on a large p/Series for routine and complex tasks.
- The successful candidate shall have a B.S. in computer science or closely related field (or an equivalent combination of training and experience) and a strong working knowledge of AIX/UNIX system fundamentals.
- 5 years experience managing AIX/Unix operating systems in a large p/Series system environment. AIX version 7.2 highly preferred
- Shell scripting experience (KSH, Perl, etc).
Security Clearance/Level required:
TS/SCI with Fullscope Polygraph