The purpose of this position is to utilize GIS mapping systems to accurately design and represent Fiber to the Home (FTTH) Outside Plant (OSP). This position is primarily an office environment design position utilizing the latest GIS and Fiber Design software, but will require periodic field work. This position is based in Lincoln, NE, but may require travel to future Nebraska markets outside of Lincoln. You will be expected to promote ALLO's culture: We're Exceptional, Local, Hassle Free and Honest.
1. Work with Allo Design Team and review current OSP design to understand principles and practices of current Allo FTTH design.
2. Perform database updating for Outside Plant Infrastructure GIS System (3-GIS).
3. Design fiber optic network design for Gigabyte Passive Optical Network (GPON) for subdivisions.
4. Perform conduits, railway and underground permits, and cabling drawings for subdivisions.
5. Work with Construction and Splice teams to produce maps of the FTTH outside Plant (OSP) design.
6. Work with Allo Customer Service Representatives and Construction teams to ensure OSP and address data in all systems accurately reflect As-built state.
7. Plan and design FTTH networks following construction and government standards utilizing GIS software (3-GIS)
8. Ability to utilize survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography and other geographic data for consideration in designing FTTH.
9. Update existing GIS databases (3-GIS) utilizing As-Built drawings and mobile electronic data collection.
10. Generate maps from GIS software (3-GIS) for permitting, construction, splicing, and general design.
11. Ability to find solutions to complex FTTH design issues outside of Allo design guidelines for fringe cases.
12. Design FTTH from meet me points allocated from Auto Design - usually Multi Family Dwelling units (MDUs).
13. Research and assist in obtaining Private Easements when needed for City ROW Permitting.
High School diploma. Associates Degree Preferred.
2 years experience with Fiber Design.
Experience with Google Maps/Earth, AutoCad, ESRI, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Attention to detail is paramount.
2. Ability to read and interpret legal descriptions.
3. Ability to work independently on multifaceted projects.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills to present facts clearly and accurately in graphic form.
5. Experience working to tight deadlines.
6. Excellent analytical skills.
7. Must be able to work overtime as required.
ALLO, A Nelnet Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at ALLO, A Nelnet Company may request such accommodations by contacting ALLO, A Nelnet Company Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
ALLO, A Nelnet Company is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Department: Information Technology