AMC Senior Solution Architect -- WORK FROM HOME ANYWHERE IN US OR CANADAJob Description:AMC Senior Solution Architect -- WORK FROM HOME ANYWHERE IN US OR CANADAWho we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. That's high tech without the drama.
Our solutions for COBOL , mainframe application delivery and host access offer a comprehensive, proven solution across the three pillars of modernization - application,processand infrastructure - to achieve unprecedented speedto market, competitive advantage, and operational efficiency.
www.microfocus.com About the Role
Our AMC(ApplicationModernization and Connectivity) divisionislooking fora highly skilled MainframeModernizationSolutionArchitect todesign, architect and implement solutions that support our Customers Digital Transformation. In thishands-onrole, you willbe responsible forsolving complex technical issues,establishingpatterns and practices, and setting standards for modernization of mainframe legacy environment .
The ideal candidate willpossessdeep technical skill in at least one of the followingfocusareas: Infrastructure modernization:
Deploy fit for purpose workload in a Hybrid Cloud infrastructureApplication modernization:
Evolve frommonolithicapplication to Cloud-NativeAPIMicroservicesProcess modernization:
Embrace an enterprise-wide DevOpsdiscipline todeliver application fasterThe AMC Senior Solution Architect will be responsible for:
Education and Experience:
- Helping Customer and SystemsIntegratorsto designscalable,high availabilityapplication solutionsbuilt on theMicro Focussolution
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business,developmentand infrastructure teams.
- Create proof of concept technology analysis and pilots.
- Conduct customer presentations and internal presentations/trainings to peer groups.
- Enable and align consulting partners with MicroFocus mainframemodernization approach andmethodology.
- Providethe architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successfulCustomerengagements worldwide.
- Technical content composition and delivery: blogs, whitepapers, technical presentations atmajor conferences.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Advanced Technical Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 10 years' experience leading customers with mainframe and legacy modernization initiatives.
- English and Spanish language proficiency.
- Experience leading customers with mainframe and legacy modernization initiatives.
- Knowledgeof majorCloudProvider infrastructureand technologies, such asAWS,Azure, CloudFoundry,Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience withanalysingon-premises mainframe environment applications andprocess toformulate plans for modernizing workloads that achieve Customer's desired business outcomes.
- Relevant Business andITArchitecture Certifications such as,AWS Solution ArchitectProfessional, MicrosoftAZURE Solution Architect, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) etc.
- Knowledge of one of more of the Micro Focus AMC products
- FluentinwrittenandverbalEnglish. OtherEMEAlanguages helpful.
- Ability and interest in travel to our customers around the world, as needed.
- Technical Experience in at least one of these areas:
- Experience with tools and methodologies used to migrate mainframe workloads via hardware/middlewareemulation, automated code conversion, and re-platforming.
- Experience with COBOL modernization and porting application code across platforms.
- Hands-on technical experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL,JCL,CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I,Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM .
- Must have an analytical mindsettoanalyse test result andfacilitatedefect resolution
- Experience design/architecting distributed and Cloud environments (target environments) - including OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Containers
- Strong analysis skills with solidconcepts in Architecture and Design.Should havejoined projectsto refactorcomplex business applications
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, Containers,Microservices, andServerlesstechnology.
- Experience withBusinessRules-extraction from COBOL/PL1
- Experience architecting high availability, resilient, fault tolerant systems thatutilizeload
- Knowledge of Webservices, Microservices, APIs and exposing Application components to alternate platforms
- Complete understanding of software development lifecycleincluding DevOps Toolchain.
- Experience configuring automation pipelines in GitHub,Azure DevOps,AWSCodePipeline,Jenkinsor similar tools
- Familiarity with agileengineeringpracticeslikeTest Automation, Test-DrivenDevelopment (TDD),ContinuousIntegration (CI),ContinuousDelivery (CD),DevOps , and Test Data Management, etc.
- Experience with implementing and operatingDevOpsand Agiletools/platformsacrosssome part of thedevelopmentlifecycle
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
ServicesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status