This application development position resides within the Business Systems application team. The successful candidate will be working for one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. The Business Systems application team develops and supports many custom solutions for approximately 84,000 miles of natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, and carbon dioxide (CO2) pipelines and over 150 terminals for storing and handling various chemicals and other products.
On the Business Systems application team, the candidate will develop, configure, coordinate, implement, and support all systems, interfaces and peripheral applications used to support internal and external Electronic Data Interchange/Electronic Data Mechanism (EDI/EDM) trading partners. Specific tasks include analyzing and designing maps for new trading partners, along with supporting existing data exchanges by modifying data maps and interfaces. Participating in project meetings, providing input to project plans, and providing status updates. Working with internal teams, trading partners, and vendors to troubleshoot and rectify any issues. Day-to-day tasks include maintaining trading partner worksheets, monitoring dashboard for any errors, correcting any transmission failures, and maintaining EDI documentation and procedures. Support of E-Business initiatives to include Classic EDI, EDI/EDM over the Internet, XML, and other related technologies.
The position also includes the development of .net applications. Development responsibilities include the analysis, design, coding, documentation, deployment, and support of custom applications. Miscellaneous duties include report writing, SQL, software upgrades, data manipulation, extraction, and performance tuning.
Bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deliver high-quality results using best-practice methods.
- Experience with SQL Server Databases.
- Strong database design, management, and data import/export skills in SQL Server environments.
- 5+ years of experience working with EDI technologies.
- 3+ years of experience supporting and developing applications and related systems in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
- Ability to provide routine on-call support
- Mapping experience with BizManager
- Experience with EDI transactions in a pipeline environment preferred; NAESB, PIDX, CIDX standards.
* Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience and job skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.