Our client is currently seeking a ANALYTICS DEVELOPER (BIG DATA CLOUD) - EXPERT
A highly motivated Data/Software Engineer to join the cross-functional Data Science and Statistics team responsible for the design, management and deployment of cloud-based data systems.
The?Data Engineer?is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and cloud-migration of multiple data systems.
This individual will also develop APIs to streamline data pipelines and will play a key role in developing next generation data systems and pipeline solutions for data science.
Responsibilities Include: ?
* Develop and deploy data management solutions for multiple and diverse data streams (chemical, genetic, experimental design, phenotyping and formulations)?
* Create and deploy API interfaces between data management solutions and front end solutions
* Create and implement web based user interfaces across multiple data types and applications
* Design and deploy?data?solutions?into next generation IT infrastructure (AWS, Postgres, etc.)
* Maintain, streamline, and cloud-migrate data management systems
* Enable data science and automated workflow decisions through the creation of open, accessible, discoverable datasets
* Participate in and lead best practice coding standards and guidelines for IT systems
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field?or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Extensive programming experience in Python or R and SQL relational database architecture and management
* Proven experience building and maintaining customer facing APIs in modern REST frameworks
* A level of comfort with version control (Git), code review, unit testing and test-driven development methodologies
* Experience with PostgREST, leveraging large scale relational databases, and migrating and deploying them on the cloud
* Good knowledge of nested JSON
* A proven ability to utilize AWS cloud platform to implement scalable and resilient software solutions supporting business requirements
* Extensive experience with either Flask or R-Shiny and OpenCPU interface development
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
* Experience with stream processing using Apache Kafka
* Familiarity with creating and maintaining containerized application deployments with a platform like Docker
* Agile and DevOps experience