Our client is currently seeking a ANALYTICS DEVELOPER (BIG DATA CLOUD) - SENIOR
Work in partnership with data science and visualization teams to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives.
Utilizing big data and cloud technologies to develop data pipelines and deliver data sets. As a partner, you will have project work and ad hoc requests that require agility and often fast paced response to business needs.
* 5 years or more experience in Java, Scala or Python.
* Ability to perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data.
* Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc..
* Expert level proficiency in SQL.
* Experience data modeling for large scale databases, either relational or NoSQL (graph, key: value, document, etc.)
* 5+ years' experience with developing ETL/Data Pipeline solutions.
* Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g. Mesos, Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, distributed databases, grid computing
* Experience developing and utilizing Data Lakes.
* Experience with data privacy concerns
* Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
* Experience contributing to open source projects
* Knowledge of data science practices, to better steer our efforts to support them through the infrastructure we create