Location: New York, NY
Rate: $30/hour, Contract to Hire
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile each bill to purchase order and to product receipt
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Enters bills and ensures they are coded properly to the appropriate GL accounts
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintain accurate vendor files.
- Interact with vendors and reconciles vendor statements
- Obtains payment approvals as needed
- Obtains required supporting documentation for non-PO related bils
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Work with our shipping container vendors and understand shipping invoices.
- Carrier account reconciliations
Netsuite experience is a must
Requires Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word); exceptional accuracy, ability to problem solve successfully, and work under tight deadlines.
- Associate degree (accounting emphasis preferred) or equivalent experience in the field of Accounting.
- 1-3 years Accounts Payable experience.
- Familiar with NetSuite accounting software a plus
- Understanding of general Accounting principles
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Excel)
- Strong knowledge of GL account codes.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Part-time remote option available after 3 months of employment