Title: API Developer (NodeJS) Location: Irving, TX Type: Contract
API Developer is part of the Digital Technology Team. They are responsible for design, implementation and on-going enhancements of digital products and enhancing the digital experience. The developer must have a strong and continuously evolving technical mastery of RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes hands-on programming, participating in design sessions, code reviews, system testing during various phases of development, follow best industry practices and publish API documentations. About you:
Your areas of expertise include implementing software engineering best practices in design, development and utilization of APIs in cloud platforms. You have a passion for hands-on coding, putting quality first, delivering an exceptional experience to customers and drive efficiency through the creation of extendable and re-usable service components. Responsibilities:
- Design APIs, develop shippable code, documentation and unit test new features for digital products.
- Works with fellow API Developers, Team Leads, Architects to deliver features through the creation of re-usable RESTful APIs.
- Collaborate with Quality, Product and Cloud Engineering teams to keep digital assets fully functional, secure and up-to-date with business needs.
- Perform pair programming, effectively communicate ideas with the team, assist in systems integration, performance testing and product releases.
- Implement policies, roles, data access controls, monitoring events, resolve system and data issues for continuous functioning of APIs.
- Must have 3 years of API / Server side development experience (preferably Node.js).
- Must have 1 year of experience in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), developing micro-services, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), message queue systems and background task management.
- Must have 1 year of experience in developing NoSQL databases, designing data models and proficient in querying document stores (preferably MongoDB).
- Knowledge in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, OpenAPI, etc.
- Experience working with API Gateway, CDNs, API Performance testing, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.