Job#: 1260115 Job Description:
Apex Systems is seeking an API Developer to work REMOTELY in a long-term contract position for a reputable cruise line client of ours. If interested in this position, email your resume to Elisa Iglesias at
Job Title: API Developer
Duration: Long-term contract role (12+ months)
Location: Remote, but working in EST
- API Development experience
- Python preferred, but open to Java
- Azure API Gateway
The primary focus of this role will be to support internal organizations in implementing and delivering their strategy and results. The API developer is responsible for building, managing, and optimizing APIs using Python to provide data as a service to internal and external stakeholders in the Azure cloud platform. The engineer would use both technical and analytical skills to understand and solve business problems using available resources and current technology stack, while ensuring data governance and data security compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create, build, and maintain data pipelines from disparate sources that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
2. Create, maintain, and reuse existing ETL processes, employing a variety of data integration and data preparation tools
3. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing pipelines for greater scalability, etc.
4. Work with stakeholders including Product, Data and Business teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
5. Create datasets for operational reports, key performance indicators/metrics, or other insights into current organizational activities
6. Create datasets for analytics and data science to provide the ability to uncover the answers to major questions that help organizations make objective decisions and/or gain a competitive edge
7. Write, debug and implement moderately complex queries involving multiple tables or databases across platform(s)
8. Create and maintain technical design documentation
9. Participate in requirements gathering
10. Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure alignment on data standards and processes
11. Highly analytical and interested in data visualization
12. Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in data systems
13. Position requires on-call and off-hours support
Minimum level of education and experience required to perform this job:
1. Heavy Python development and tools, including Azure SDK
2. Work heavily on building and maintaining REST APIs and microservices architecture.
3. Utilize knowledge of Azure components like Azure Functions, API Gateway & Azure Active Directory
4. Develop, modify, configure, and integrate applications for internal departments
5. Devise business logic, procedures & workflows. Perform coding, unit testing, and debugging.
6. Develop proof of concept and modify existing programs. Analyze and resolve issues.
7. Collaborate with Lead Engineers and Architects for complex tasks and system design.
8. Interpret business requirements. Follow Agile/Scrum methods & development standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
Specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job related to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities identified above. Technical capabilities in:
1. 2+ years Python & REST API/ RESTful API/ Web API, & Git required.
2. 1+ year Azure Functions & API Management preferred.
3. 3+ years web, multi-tier, or OOD (object-oriented). Java, .NET, SOAP, JSON, or XML a plus.
4. 5+ years of software engineering, application development, and/or system integration
5. Knowledge of data storage concepts, such as databases, data warehouses, and data lakes
a. Relational SQL databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
b. NoSQL databases are a plus
6. Knowledge reading and writing SQL, PL/SQL, and/or T-SQL
7. Azure Certification and/or bachelor's degree in Computer Science field preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at