BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description Job Summary:
Reporting to the Data Engineering Lead, the Senior Software Engineer - Data is responsible for design, development and maintenance of our data and Integration platforms. Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Designing and developing architectures for intake, curation, organization, and dissemination of data in support of Data Engineering and Analytics projects.
- Develop ETL applications to move/integrate data between operational systems and data warehouse/BI systems. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with these applications in the production environment. Perform production deployments.
- Provides subject matter expertise in addressing projects and issues that encompass a wide range of internal and external systems (Core banking, Wealth, Data Warehousing), components, and processes
- Work closely with business stakeholders and other engineering teams to research technical requirements and resolve issues
- Ensure the quality, completeness, security, privacy, and integrity of data throughout the data lifecycle
- Implement code changes, Conduct SQL Code Reviews and Maintain and improve existing database objects
- Leverages industry best practices in ETL, data models, query optimizations & analytics; share same with team.
- Develop, test, and maintain user-facing semantic layers, i.e. cubes, models. Provide production support and troubleshooting as needed
- 4+years' Application Development/Engineering experience across a diverse technology base. Demonstrated understanding and successful application of proven database design principles such as: requirements analysis, data normalization, data modeling, risk management and quality assurance and for both On-line Transaction Processing (OLTP) and On-line Analytical Processes (OLAP) database systems.
- 4+years' experience with Microsoft ETL and business intelligence technologies including but not limited to SQL Server database, SSIS SSRS and SSAS
- Strong direct Data Modeling experience using Relational, Dimensional and other approaches related to NoSQL databases.
- 4+years' experience with relational databases (SQL server, Oracle), star schemas, exposure to NoSQL database technologies, Big Data Platforms like Hadoop or Cloud services like HDInsight
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS and Tableau is a plus
- Financial Services experience is a plus
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.