Description Job Description:
Are you interested in improving and shaping the development and implementation of IT projects? Leidos is seeking an API Solution Architect who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology for one of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Jersey.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced API Solution Architect. In this position, you will be responsible for the MuleSoft platform and project initiatives. You will drive the API adoption process within the organization - define integration best practices, reference solution architecture and design patterns; design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate data integration. You must have a sound understanding of API and technology architecture, very good communication skills, with the ability to adapt them to different audiences along with leading and evangelizing architectural standardization and driving innovation. You will drive the platform roadmap consisting of Anypoint platform & core services, reusable assets, API Lifecycle automation and API portfolio, system updates, upgrades, and configuration changes addressing market opportunities and customer use cases. You manage service engagements including time management, prioritization, identification and mitigation of risks, setting customer expectations, etc. Candidate for this position must be able to play different roles within the team, from lead architect to high-skilled developer and technical team leader to consultant and technical evangelist.Location:
We are looking for someone in or around Newark, NJ, Arverne, NY or Houston, TX. Role may be remote initially, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.Position Responsibilities:
- Be a leader in the Integration C4E. Design and implement API led integration strategy using MuleSoft platform. Drive the adoption process within the organization. Define integration best practices, reference solution architecture and design patterns. Evangelize, mentor, and coach teams on API standards/best practices for APIs.
- Develop a secure, scalable governance and operating model, including assessment of new applications and technologies to be integrated.
- Responsible for the delivery of APIs & Integration built using MuleSoft platform, ensuring APIs & Integrations are developed based on client standards & guidelines
- Validate requirements from the business / technical teams, determine the right integration approach and define the solution design. Ensure all non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives.
- Provide primary technical oversight throughout the API lifecycle across all integration initiatives. Ensure that the clients IT projects meet standards, guidelines, best practices and architectural principles. Identify architectural or design challenges or risk and pro-actively suggest solutions to address them. Conduct design & code reviews. Provide technical guidance to the delivery teams to ensure a smooth implementation and remove roadblocks.
- Responsible for all aspects of platform engineering and operations ensuring platform is operational and meets clients SLAs. This includes administration, configuration, and support of the MuleSoft platform, managing user accounts, profiles, permissions and role groups, dashboards, reports, upgrades, fault analysis, data validation, monitoring and alerting, publishing platform KPIs, etc. Monitors platform capabilities, support processes, best practices, documentation and external and internal product road map understanding. Maintains proper internal controls, documentation, monitoring and alerting, and supportability with respect to the ongoing configuration and updates of supported platforms. Collaborates with cross functional teams to identify process modifications to the platform necessary to effectively and efficiently support the needs of the organization
- Oversee the administration and utilization of the Anypoint Platform. Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for key capabilities of the Anypoint Platform, showing how new features are released or updated, while reducing technical debt with minimal disruption. Identify opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience as IT architect with a focus on enterprise integration platforms. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 2 full lifecycle implementation of enterprise integration platforms with architectural responsibilities
- Expert knowledge of MuleSoft platform capabilities. Desirable to have at least 2 MuleSoft technical certification
- Deep experience of integration and API architecture, as well as a thorough understanding of industry trends, vendors, frameworks and practices
- Proven experience in all aspects of API & development lifecycle with focus on solution design & architectures review
- Passionate about being hands-on to quickly prototype solution
- Proficient in integration / API pattern and technologies
- Excellent knowledge of SOA/ESB technologies, REST / SOAP web services and API gateways
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines
- Strong team interaction, time management, communication (oral and written) skills, ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of leading high performing development teams leading technical conversations, decisions, strategies and review code
- Proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team building skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment