has an immediate opening for a Solutions Architect
in Washington D.C.
The Enterprise Solutions Architect (SME) is a full stack system architect who drives efficiency in the application development and deployment tools and processes. This role will primarily be focused on developing, building, administering, and deploying self-service tools that enable Judiciary developers to build, deploy and operate applications in traditional VMWare environments with the objective of migrating to cloud native environments. Understanding of DevOps concepts and philosophy is essential.
Candidates should be self-motivated and collaborative IT professionals with a strong background in software development, systems administration and IT automation.Scope
The scope of the role includes the engineering, implementation and support of Judiciary platforms. The role will support the infrastructure environment, continuous delivery framework, and other application development services in conjunction with the hosting branch. Note that this position does not require explicit support of VMs as those are provisioned in another department.Experience Required:
- Master degree in technical field or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 11 years' experience in engineering or running an application platform service
- At least 1 year experience desired working with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry or OpenShift
- Expertise working with open source and/or commercial continuous integration and delivery tools
- Proficient in use of one or more popular centralized or distributed (preferred) source control tools and services such as: Git, Github, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc
- Experience using continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, TravisCI, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience using dependency/build artifact repository tools such as Artifactory and Nexus
- Experience in application and infrastructure logging and performance monitoring - New Relic, App Dynamics, Splunk, LogInsight, for logging or Nagios for log management
- Experience in cloud/virtual technologies and management - OpenStack, AWS, Azure, VMware, etc.
- Experience with building, deploying and managing applications and software on PaaS
- Knowledge of API gateways
- Strong skills and experience in Linux administration specifically application configuration
As part of their day to day responsibilities, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and support PaaS and API gateway infrastructure and associated tools
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure and configuration of the Judiciary platform environments with a focus on automation
- Design, build, manage and operate the continuous delivery framework and tools, and acting as a subject matter expert on CI/CD for developer teams.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud based platforms) that supports the different platform services.
- Write and build continuous delivery pipelines to manage and automate the lifecycle of the different platform components.
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Vistara, Graphite, ELK, Datadog, New Relic and other similar tools.
- Develop a log analytics solution to provide logging-as-a-service to hosted applications based on open source solutions.
- Integrate different components and develop new services with a focus on open source to allow a minimal friction developer interaction with the platform and application services.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity; and establish the appropriate scalability plans.
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application.
- Recommend and maintain technology related policies and procedures.
See Job Description