The client is looking for an API Support Engineer and Developer Evangelist to work with our API developer and partner community. You will be both working with developers using our API in addition to working with our internal development team to ensure the quality and capabilities of our API are supporting the needs of the developer community. As well, you will assist in supporting strategic partnership and sales pursuits that involve shaping customized solutions that use our API. We are looking for someone with both excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong hands-on software development capabilities. You will be the key technology expert meeting with customers and partners using our API.
In order to be considered for this position you must:
- Have at least two years of experience working with a community of partners and customers and have a natural tendency to share your technology experience with others.
- Have a minimum of 3 years as a software engineer, preferably with full-stack experience.
- Have experience working with a broad array of RESTful web services and building applications with APIs.
- Enjoy challenge, learning, and working in a fast-paced, performance-oriented culture with smart people.
- Have an exceptional level of integrity, raw intelligence, creativity, energy, and passion.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fastidiously pay attention to detail.
Though not required, favorable consideration will be given to candidates that:
- Experience in a sales engineering or consultative selling role helping to shape technical solutions and proposal that require custom system development and integration.
- Have Java development experience and Elastic Search experience.
- Have worked on projects that are Big Data oriented, where the core engineering problems are around scaling to support the amount of data using common open source tools such as Spark, ElasticSearch, and Cassandra.
- Experience integrating with common CRMs and marketing automation tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, and HubSpot.