ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the development of the Institute’s application architectural strategy in alignment with business goals.
- Analyze the current IT ecosystem application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Develop migration strategies to close gaps between current and future states of the application architectures.
- Identify system requirements for large, complex ecosystem-wide applications.
- Review requirements across multiple applications and develop application models that span applications and domains.
- Develop methods to integrate systems that interact and extend across organizational and functional lines.
- May oversee or lead the evaluation and selection process for application packages.
- Develop and maintain IT ecosystem application architecture models, processes, standards and documentation.
- Research, recommend and apply the use of middleware to facilitate the portability and scalability of applications.
- Work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of one or more specialized architecture areas such as network, security, applications, data, systems and Internet and business segments.
- Support the development of software and data delivery platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different business.
- Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Perform ongoing architecture quality review activities relative to specific project/programs they are responsible for.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Research reported problems, plans solutions, and coordinates problem solving processes.
- Deliver presentations and proposals to vendors and clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work with multiple approaches to solving a problem and choosing the most appropriate solution. Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable with a host of computer programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms. Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts.
- Ability to multi-task to address multiple and often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of compliance functions within a financial organization.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ of experience maintaining day to day business and supporting IT requirements and development
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.