APPLICATION MODERNIZATION PRESALES ENGINEER - WORK FROM HOME ANYWHERE IN US OR CANADAJob Description: APPLICATION MODERNIZATION PRESALES ENGINEER - WORK FROM HOME ANYWHERE IN US OR CANADA Who we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. Join Micro Focus to become part of this innovation-just like the impact we're having as the official technical partner of Jaguar TCS Racing . We provide world-class software and services to support their push for more points, podiums, and wins--both on and off the track in the fast-changing environment of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship. About the Role:
The Application Modernization & Connectivity Enterprise Presales Consultant is responsible for defining, developing & supporting the sales process for technology and solutions with account teams. Engages in account transactions based on technical expertise required in specific deals/programs leveraging specialized knowledge base across multiple accounts - specifically focused on moving Customers to the Cloud. Focuses on areas Mainframe and Cloud technical expertise - for Development, Testing and Production. Responsible for technical consulting work with customers in selling and supporting company products, services and systems, or software. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, sharing Customer Case Studies and be a customer technical "trusted advisor". The AM2C Enterprise Presales Consultant is responsible for:
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs.
Solution Planning and Design
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Options for Deployment - including Onsite, and Cloud.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components - current and options/target.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Assists with requests for expertise from peers.
- Maintains excellent communications with customer management.
- Represents the company as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, product demonstrations, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Provide input/suggestions for opportunities with Customer - creative and technical input and ideas
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via contributing participation in education programs.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams
- Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within the company and partners.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years experience in technical selling and/or consultative selling.
- Experience in industry desired.
- Technical and/or solution experience in vertical industry preferred.
- Core technical requirements are:
- Mainframe Experience / Knowledge - IBM z/OS
- Understanding of COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, IMS, PL/I
- Cloud experience - usage for applications, development, and options available - certificates definite asset.
- Mainframe Software/Technologies - e.g. Scheduling, security
- Micro Focus AMC Enterprise/Mainframe Software experience
- Presales / Demo skills and experience
- Technical Presentation Skills
- Good to Have:
- Knowledge of cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, Google
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes
- Git/Version control/SCCM
- Pipelines - Jenkins
- Open source platforms
- Native services in z/OS
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
SalesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status