APPLICATION SYSTEMS ANALYST
Location: Clear Lake/Galveston
This position is responsible for providing intermediate analysis and documentation, formulating logical statements of business and management problems, and providing solutions utilizing more efficient operational procedure, work flow, and information technology solutions.
Specific Job Related Duties
Support existing Budget and Reporting process of financial use cases in relation to the design and technical implementation within the PBCS/Hyperion suite. Consult with business to identify current business operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Develop and create programming logic according to functional and technical specifications within the PBCS/Hyperion application platform
Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Computer Science Degree.
Minimum 3 years of experience in developing and working with the Hyperion Planning (release 11 preferably), Hyperion Essbase (ASO/BSO) applications including development, configuration and server management, Financial Reporting, IR Reporting OR any related Platform
Preferred Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing and working with the Hyperion Planning (release 11 preferably), Hyperion Essbase (ASO/BSO) applications including development, configuration and server management, Financial Reporting, IR Reporting OR any related Platform
- Experience with the Hyperion suite (Planning, Essbase, SmartView, Financial Reporting) is required.
- Experience in cube analysis, design and maintenance, database administration, performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience with any programming language to automate Jobs around process.
- Perform SQL queries and use database tools to examine table structures, indexes, and other database objects with minimal guidance.
- Develop and create programming logic according to functional and technical specifications within the Hyperion application platform.
- ASO and BSO Essbase application development/configuration and support Outlines, Dimensions, Members, Artifacts, Metadata administration with ability to design database and complex calculations include MaxL, MDX , Automating jobs using Batch and Shell scripting.
- Develop functional requirements and technical specifications for coding systems or programs including the data sources to be utilized.
- Create reports to support business users and management requests.
- Perform unit testing to ensure results meet technical specifications
- Must be a team player with the ability to work with team and be accountable for results which may include the need for overtime work during peak activity periods.
- Demonstrated initiative, willingness to learn new systems as needed and teach, ability to collaborate, and a propensity to care