The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Aerospace Cyber Defense Solutions Department is looking for an ASIC/FPGA Engineer to join our growing team to provide expertise in policy, assessment, integration, research, and technology to address cyber threats to defend our nation's most valuable assists in ground, air, and space. We support a variety of customers including the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and other civil customers (e.g. NASA) in order to resolve unique challenges in protecting their ground networks and satellite systems from sophisticated adversaries.What You'll Be Doing
What Corporate Skills You'll Bring
- Work on the cutting edge of hardware security research, development, and application while helping to secure National Security Space Systems by helping develop tools to detect hardware Trojans in digital hardware designs and use software assurance tools to find potential vulnerabilities in software HDL code.
- Help define threat paths and develop guidance on FPGA/ASIC/embedded systems vulnerability mitigations.
- Perform hardware security research and development.
- Participate with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners.
- Analyze contractor designs and advise program office personnel on cyber vulnerabilities and design risks.
- Perform research and development in the field of cyber security and software/firmware design.
- Perform software and firmware cyber assurance.
What You Need to be Successful for Member of Technical Staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Possess organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
What You Need to be Successful for Senior Member of Technical Staff
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Proficient with one or more HDL (System Verilog/Verilog, VHDL, etc.)
- 2 or more years of ASIC/FPGA experience in design and/or verification
- Demonstrated ability to interact well and provide technical support in multi-program, multi-agency environments with government program office personnel, engineering support and prime contractors.
- Demonstrated experience in generating high quality work products including whitepapers and PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as the ability to speak authoritatively when appropriate and to support assertions with data and experience.
- Proficient with one or more of the following: Digital Design, SoC Architecture, Physical Design, Verification
- Moderate travel is required.
How You Can Stand Out
- All qualifications above for Member of Technical Staff
- 5 or more years of ASIC/FPGA experience in design and/or verification
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Active Security Clearance (Secret, TS//SCI)
- Experience with hardware Trojan detection using static and/or dynamic methods and the detailed workings of the algorithms behind these methods
- Experience in full development of an ASIC from requirements to tape-out
- Knowledge of best design/verification practices
- Experience in ASIC/FPGA verification methods (Formal, Constrained Random, PSS, UVM/VMM, Emulation)
- Experience with embedded system design (e.g., Xilinx Zynq/Microblaze, ARM, Altera NIOS)
- Experience in FPGA prototyping (Xilinx/Microsemi/Altera)
- Experience with space systems and missions
- Experience with coding/scripting (C, C++, python, Perl, shell)
- Experience with EDA tools (Mentor Graphics/Cadence/Synopsys/OneSpin)
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement