Montefiore Health System employs over 30,000 associates, including our IT division of 800 people focused on deploying technology, identifying process improvements, and using best IT practices to improve patient care. Across the Montefiore enterprise, all IT portfolios are managed by members of the Project Delivery Services team. The team is comprised of Portfolio Managers, who partner with department leaders to manage their portfolios of projects, and highly skilled Project Managers with expertise in Clinical, Business and Financial Systems, and Infrastructure initiatives. Project Managers accomplish their goals in a matrix setting which may include consultants, vendors, and other external resources.
We are seeking an Assistant Director for the Project Delivery Services team.
The Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the delivery of portfolio management services and the delivery of technology solutions to fulfill business needs. The Assistant Director works closely with IT leadership and evaluates requests and proposals for new systems, enhancements, and other opportunities. The Assistant Director applies technical and business knowledge to provide departmental guidance. He/she is required to employ project management methodology in order to ensure the successful delivery of project-based work. The Assistant Director ensures the delivery of outstanding client service and contributes to the organization-s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Oversee operational activities for the department.
- Provide oversight to ensure the ongoing success of the departmental teams.
- Administration of personnel and fiscal issues.
- Act as a point person for any escalated issue regarding departmental activities.
- Develop policies and procedures for department and coordinate with other Assistant Directors to ensure consistency across departments.
- Manage other initiatives on behalf of Director, as required.
- Build and manage teams of IT professionals and managers.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent client service through effective teams.
- Provide direction on departmental hiring.
- Implement team building policies and concepts.
- Responsible for performance management and the professional development of team members.
- Ensure that employees are empowered to make decisions appropriate for their level and are meeting regularly with assigned manager on work goals and career development plans.
- Responsible for the delivery of business and technical solutions.
- Manage projects across the phases of design, development, implementation, and support.
- Monitor the status and progress of projects and effectively communicate details to Director.
- Oversee the response to requests for proposals from clients.
- Develop appropriate performance metrics for project evaluation and acceptance.
- Act as a liaison between client and Montefiore IT.
- Respond to client inquiries when management involvement is required.
- Create policies to ensure a proactive approach to customer service.
- Ensure performance metrics are at or above defined levels.
- Work closely with other department management and stakeholders.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of best practices to align with the business objectives of Montefiore IT.
- Oversee the resolution of strategic issues and systematic problems.
- Coordinate with Client Executives and Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Analyze current business practices, processes, and procedures.
- Plan fr growth and future business needs and ensure the ability to effectively manage potential client business.
- Provide direction to ensure that proposed solutions or service offerings meet customer requirements.
- Perform complex problem and process analysis to develop creative solutions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Significant experience in a leadership role in a corporate IT environment
- Experience in managing a PMO
- Expertise in best practices for project management
- Budget and vendor management experience
- Experience in a health care delivery enterprise
- Experience managing a complex business/financial systems portfolio, ideally in a heavily regulated, compliance-focused environment
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 101741
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted Date: Thu, 23 05 2019 00:00:00 GMT
Department: Montefiore Information Technology