ATG Solution Architect; Scottsdale, AZ or Buffalo Grove, IL
Duration 12 months
Location Open to Woonsocket, RI as well.
- Be EXPERT in architecture and solution of highly scalable e-commerce applications
- Be detailed oriented with understanding the system landscape and defining the specifications between the systems
- Be able to drive a set of team members towards the results by defining detailed task breakdown structure for work between different team members with a plan and adhering to time lines
- Have expertise with Java/J2EE e-commerce applications
- Have experience with ATG, AngularJS, NodeJS, Spring Boot, Cassandra, Redis technologies
- Be able to work with business partners to define and refine requirements and provide the expert technical input
- Demonstrate end to end ownership in an Agile environment
Job Description The ATG e-commerce architect is a hands-on leader who will be responsible for architecting and owning technical aspects of software application through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Research, architect and develop innovative and highly scalable digital solutions and unique experiences for xxxxx.com, other highly trafficked Digital Properties and Channels.
- Work closely with product owner to provide project estimates based on features and envisioned solution.
- Ensure architecture and design of the solution is in alignment with overall enterprise architecture.
- Own solution design (SD) and ensure non-functional requirements are effectively addressed. Technical ownership for delivering highly scalable, robust and secure software applications.
- Foster rapid prototyping to evaluate solutions and build a culture of continuous improvement to improve speed to market and reduce total cost of application ownership.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Provide thought leadership and promote best practices in architecting e-commerce applications.
- Mentor junior software architects/engineers.
- 10-12 years of software architecture, design and development experience in retail/e-commerce space using Java.
- 5 years of experience architecting and developing e-commerce solutions using ATG Web Commerce Suite and tools, or similar e-commerce application suite, including: Designing and implementing – Customized Profile, Product Catalog, Order flows; Payment, Checkout and Submit Order customizations, Custom Promotion and Coupon handling; Integrations to external systems.
- Extensive hands-on experience with developing Restful Web Services and APIs and implementing Caching and CDNs.
- A proven track record of owning and driving technical delivery of large distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of RDBMS systems, preferably Oracle. Expert in troubleshooting performance issues and system tuning.
- Experience with Angular, Spring-Java and React frameworks.
- Working knowledge of NodeJS.
- Extensive design and implementation experience.
- Experience with agile software development (XP, SCRUM).
- Adept in working in a fast paced and overlapping product release.
- Experience with a CI/CD pipeline, GIT, Stash, Bit Bucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: Cloud Foundry, Openshift, AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Heroku, or other PaaS technologies.
- Experience working in cross-functional, geographically distributed project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience presenting to senior Business partners.
- Experience with migrating monolithic/legacy application micro-services.
- Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications.
- Experience managing software deliverables using tools like Jira, Pivotal Tracker.
- Experience in big data real time analysis is a plus.
- Experience in OS virtualization and containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes is a plus.
Education Bachelor &/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Agile certification is a plus