The AV Technician III position is in support of our organization and will be based at our headquarters in Winter Springs, FL
The AV Technician III performs hardware installation, integration, trouble shooting, corrective action, testing, and maintenance support. This position requires an understanding of Audio Visual and Video Teleconferencing standards and trends. The AV Technician III will perform configuration of system components, conduct installation, integration, testing and support verification and validation as outlined in various procedures. The AV Technician III will participate in design reviews, teleconferences, meetings and technical discussions; will interact with vendors, contractors and customers as applicable to get the job done. Travel as required both stateside and overseas.
- Provides technical support on a variety of AV / VTC related tasks
- Support the development of program documentation, reports, and traceability matrix
- Develop Technical Data Packages (TDP) for AV and VTC systems - includes both logical and physical drawings as well as interconnect and wire runs
- Support hardware integration, installation and testing
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and other technical tasks
- Complete high-quality device and component installation activities and maintenance activities
- Support in the firmware/hardware configuration of AV devices, servers, workstations, touch panels and other programmable components
- Conduct troubleshooting of hardware and software components
- Execute Test Plans and Procedures; identify and correct system problems
- Develop technical documents such as; Operator and Maintenance manuals, test plans and procedures and reports
- Conduct detailed functional and integration testing, and quality control documentation
- Support verification and validation as outlined in various procedures and technical manuals
- Provide support in the receiving, inventory, kitting, packaging and shipping of equipment and material
- Support the on-site installation efforts of the team. Troubleshoot and debug AV systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or Information Technology preferred
- 2 + years of experience in AV / VTC installation, integration and maintenance
- Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP; content control protocols, video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals;
- Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video and voice technologies.
- Experience using Microsoft Visio and other Microsoft Office products
- Audio subsystems experience (Amplifiers, Bi-amps, mixers, input and output devices)
- Cisco collaboration experience and certifications desired
- AMX, Crestron, Extron training and certifications desired.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team
- DoD Secret level security clearance, Top Secret eligible
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 40% both stateside and overseas