AVP, Process Improvement and Re-engineering Execution
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Process Improvement Leader will work with North America Claims Disciplines to assess and identify process optimization opportunities through reengineering, digitization and automation. This role partners with Claims, Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) and Digital execution resources in Global Operations and Claims Optimization, and will manage a team of analysts who may perform many different tasks such as process re-engineering, time study analysis, cost/benefit analysis, user story/acceptance criteria documentation, test plan creation, testing and other business readiness activities. These analysts will also be accountable for opportunity identification, optimization, and building the pipeline for process automation.
The Process Improvement Leader is the key driver of analysis and recommendations for process optimization, identification of use cases for automation, planning and implementation of discovery and some execution phases and activities and achievement of the goals for North America Claims.
The role requires approximately 50% travel to Chubb offices to conduct process discovery and assessment activities with product/process owners and SMEs.
Key accountabilities include:
Partnering with North America Claims Discipline Leaders, Product Owners, and IPA Capability leads to identify Automation and Process Improvement Opportunities
- Engage Claims leaders to garner support for a discovery project and maintain their support through to completion and goal achievement. Build the pipeline of use cases and ensure that discovery requirements are met.
- Participate in appropriate governance structures and facilitate governance on Process Improvement team meetings.
- Establish team and peer communication structures to ensure appropriate accountabilities in terms of changes and requirements with regards to processes, technologies and workflows.
- Works with Claims leaders to resolve roadblocks escalated by team members.
Conducting Process Improvement and Discovery Analysis and Recommendations
- Drive process optimization, conduct necessary data collection and quantitative analysis, automation opportunity identification and prioritization, and develop recommendations.
- Drive alignment on automation opportunity estimates, complexity, and priority. Incorporate process improvement initiatives required to successfully automate.
- Use process discovery tools and best practices to deliver successful solutions and detailed analysis/outputs as required.
- Ensures process improvement initiatives transition smoothly through lifecycle of opportunity identification, planning and execution.
- Integrate and assess multiple discovery efforts across NA Claims. Create exhibits as needed to support.
- Deploy program and project management standards for effective delivery meeting Time, Quality, Budget requirements using Agile project delivery methods.
Post Analysis Execution
- Assign and lead employees who will perform future state user story creation and assist with various business readiness activities including but not limited to, test plan creation, test execution, training, and post deployment support activities.
Utilizing and Sharing Practices
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of team approaches, models, and knowledge by sharing information across other areas of Chubb, building standards, developing intellectual property, and capturing lessons learned
- Contribute to embedding a continuous improvement culture within NA Claims.
Effectively Manage Team
- Provide direction and guidance to team, ensuring goals and measurements are in place.
- Coach team members to increase their knowledge and performance.
- Motivate, lead and manage a team to achieve results and inspire a shared vision of home office and field priorities. Establish an environment that leverages diverse perspectives.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, or related discipline
- Five plus years of business process engineering/analysis and digital and automation technology implementations in insurance, financial services, or management consulting.
- Insurance domain expertise in business process preferred
- Business Analysis and Target Operating Model evaluation and design experience
- Experience in Quantitative Analysis and Opportunity assessment techniques
- Experience in deploying digital and automation technologies using Agile practices.
- Certification as a Green Belt or Black Belt Lean or Six Sigma Process Engineer or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience working in a multi-discipline, matrix structure team fostering collaboration and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically and influence Senior Managers towards transformational ideas
- Drives execution utilizing assigned and other resources to achieve goals, holding individuals and teams to the highest standard of delivery
- Agile experience and certification preferred
- Strong ability to execute
- Highly functional in ambiguous situations and environments
- Influence without authority
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Rapid decision making
- Process improvement (lean) mindset
- Systems thinking
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.