Solidus is seeking several AWS/Azure Senior Cloud Engineer to support a global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data that will serve the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and U.S. Army (USA). We are looking for a broad spectrum of skills and experience for this rapidly growing program.
The program incorporates the capabilities of commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). It facilitates the USAF and USA's efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USA's IT operations.
- Design AWS/Azure environments and topologies, all aspects
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to AWS/Azure
- Deploy Hybrid AWS/Azure AD environments
- AWS/Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Tools and Automation (scripting - Terraform, ARM templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Respond to customer requests promptly
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years
- In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years experience will be considered for this program.
- In-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of various systems to AWS/Azure
- Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, etc.
- Ability to communicate all aspects and features of AWS/Azure.
- High level of customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in project planning
- Documentation for projects including design, asset inventory, diagrams, and presentation to customers is required
- An AWS/Azure Engineer must have 3+ years of experience and advanced vendor certification
- In-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
- Experience in an MSP or other IT company highly desirable
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Experience supporting USAF or USA software development projects
- MCSE or MCTS
- Azure certifications (AZ 100, AZ 500, and/or other AZ series exams, 346/7 are bonus)
- Azure Assessments, AWS Solutions Architects Associate, and Security + (or other IAT II equivalent)
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
- CISSP (or IAT III equivalent) Certification
- SAFe DevOps certification
- Experience supporting software migration efforts
Job ID 3640
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.