Title: AWS / Big Data Senior Solution Architect
Location: 50% Remote + 50% Travel
Duration: 12+ Years
Education Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or closely related field.
Master’s in Computer Science or related degree
• Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
• Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
• Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future operational data analysis goals. Recommend modern technology stacks to meet those goals and help engineering teams migrate towards their use.
• Collaborate with the customer's operations and technology leadership on the future analytic goals of the organization, and design a technical architecture to meet those goals. Participate in configuring the architecture, and advise engineering teams on its efficient use.
• Lead a work stream or act as a team lead and manage non-complex components of the work plan/project.
• Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope.
• Technical and strategic leader with deep experience and knowledge in the design and implementation of analytical data platforms and accepted best practices around data movement, meta-data catalogs, data governance, data transformation, data ingestion, data security, data science and data mining in both Cloud, hybrid and on-premise environments.
• Ability to design, lead and guide technical direction for data and analytics architecture to be in-line with business architecture and roadmap and analyze environments, tools, components and processes as they fit into the overall strategic architecture.
• Experience in the design, implementation of data architecture and strategies dealing with multiple data sources and formats in a distributed and clustered environment for both batch and real-time environments using tools such as Spark.
• Knowledge of general cloud architecture and cloud strategies especially around AWS services and concepts such as S3 object stores, RDS databases, EC2, Glacier, Lambda, IAM, enterprise security, data security, DevOps, replication and disaster recovery.
• Deep experience with security in cloud environments around HIPAA, PHI/PII data, data encryption at rest and in transit as well security concepts like tokens, federated security models and secrets management.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Presto, etc.) and NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc) databases and enterprise data platforms such as Cloudera including security, data governance and discovery.
• Knowledge of data science and analytical processes for data mining and predictive modeling including analytical workspaces such as Jupyter, Zepellin, RSudio.
• Experience with data engineering languages such as Java, Python and Scala.
• Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD as well as Agile tools and processes including Git, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
• Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
• Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
• Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
• Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
• Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities.
• Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Must be open to travel.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org: 248-221-1432
“Reliable Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reliable Software does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and buess need.”