Description Job Description:
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking an experience AWS / Python Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting clients in the utility industry.
The AWS Developer will design, develop, deploy, and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Provide AWS development and support for all aspects of programming, report writing, designing, and testing.
- Ability to communicate with users to understand the issue, diagnose and resolve technical problems which will require making modifications to code, testing the code, and promoting the code to the production environment.
- Provide technical application support for client-server, web, and cloud-based applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected and integrated enterprise applications.
- Work directly with technical and non-technical customers.
- Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems while working with key customers, other team members, and management.
- Gather software application requirements through interactions with business users
- Collaborate with business analyst team members to identify gaps and dependencies in requirements across applications and departments.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the organization during User Acceptance Testing to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field with 4+ years' related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Current AWS Developer certification or related AWS certification required
- 3+ years development experience using Python
- 3+ years of AWS development experience
- Experience with Simple cloud Storage Service (S3) required
- Experience with EMR, Spark, Angular, Java, AI/ML, moving and transforming data, and dynamo DB is preferred
- 5 plus years of experience in a consulting environment is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must have experience in analyzing, developing, testing, and deploying software solutions
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without direct supervision.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00