DTS is looking for AWS/Cloud Data Engineer for a long term contract with our direct client Position in Charlotte, NC or Detroit, MI
No third party C2C allowed. Candidates have to work directly with us on our W-2.
Client is seeking a Data Engineer to join our agile team in developing our next generation data platform. Our data platform will include a modern customer data platfrom, cloud data lake and cloud data warehousing. The ideal candidate will have experience developing data lakes, data warehousing, data ingestion from traditional data sources and APIs, deduplicating customer data, and a commitment to data security.
- Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows/pipelines to process billions of records in large-scale data environments with experience in end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines.
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards and benchmark application performance by capacity testing.
- Experience with software testing frameworks.
- Leverages DevOps techniques and Experience with DevOps tools - GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Crucible for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and build automation.
- Develop, implement and optimize streaming, data lake, and big data analytics solutions
- Support reusable framework and data governance processes by partnering with LOBs for any code/requirements remediation
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions also participate in developing and enforcing data security policies
- Knowledge of NoSQL, RDBMS, SQL, JSON, XML and ETL skills are must.
- Understanding of data transformations, cleansing, and deduplications.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (PSQL or TSQL).
- Experience developing pipelines for both Cloud and Hybrid Cloud infrastructures.
- Experience in AWS utilizing services such as S3, AWS CLI, and RDS.
- Experience using modern ETL tools like Talend and Nifi.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Ability to work independently and drive solutions end to end leveraging various technologies to solve data problems and develop solutions.
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to ensure code is designed with high code coverage
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source technologies and software paradigms
- Ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
Digital Technology Solutions