Job Title: AWS Architect
Location: Remote / Telecommute
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of AWS technology data architecture. This includes data management architectures involving batch, micro-batch, and real-time streaming of data in both cloud and on-premise solutions
- Provide data architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Become a trusted advisor for AWS Data Architecture
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for data management.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience with Data Management technologies.
- 5+ years of AWS Redshift, Hadoop, NoSQL, and Open-Source data management technologies.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight.
- At least 3 Redshift/Hadoop/NoSQL project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) – is a MUST.
- AWS Architecture experience. AWS Certification preferred.
- Experience in creating data warehouses and data lakes for AI and Machine Learning
- Must have a good grasp issues of securing data in the cloud including systems with PCI, PII, and HIPAA related data.
- Experience with cloud Data Solutions from Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform is an added benefit.
- Solid functional understanding of the Open-Source Big Data Technologies including major Hadoop projects, Kafka, NoSQL Databases.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices.
- Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Candidates hands on experience with Hadoop technologies.
- Ability to lead data strategy assessments and technically lead implementation projects.
- Certifications on Hadoop technologies is preferred.