As an AWS Cloud Architect, you will lead technical teams to deliver cutting edge solutions on cloud platforms for some of our Fortune 1000 clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to work that may involve building new cloud solutions, migrating an application to co-exist in the hybrid cloud, deploying a global cloud application across multiple countries or providing design guidance / proof of concept (POC) for our managed services team for continuous optimization. Our teams of technologists have a diverse range of skills and we are always looking for new ways to innovate and help our clients succeed.Work You'll Do
As AWS Architect you will have multiple responsibilities depending on project type. One type of project may involve designing and architecting cloud migrations. Another type of project might involve building data lake over AWS. From an operational viewpoint, your role may require setting up alarms, event trigger or dashboard to monitor AWS resource workloads.
The key responsibilities may involve some or all the areas listed below:
- Design and implement data lake solutions on AWS cloud
- Design and implement cloud migration strategy for an enterprise
- Provide solution on big data and Hadoop base architect on AWS
- Write MapReduce and/or Spark jobs
- Provide application side AWS cloud solutions
- Work hands on with AWS technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Data Pipeline, Elastic Search, Glue, DynamoDB, Athena, Kinesis, QuickSight, etc.)
- Exposure to ETL tool like AWS Glue
- Take part in peer group code reviews
- Mentor team on AWS and application
- Identify risks and issues, and help monitor them
- Driving project/service delivery
- Architect, design and implement solutions for various functions, as well as continuously improve the security of our Amazon Web Services integrated practice, products, and tools.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Programming applications to be optimized to work within constructs of an AWS environment
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
Analytics & Cognitive
- Exposure into broad spectrum of emerging technologies, their commercial implications and market prospects
- Consulting opportunity with enterprises across verticals to review and adapt their technologies, products and services
- Enabling small and medium sized companies enhance their value by differentiating their products and services
- Understanding the benefits provided by data center optimization, adopting cloud computing, automation and advising on applications that are suitable for migration to cloud
- Architecting and delivering business solutions for clients who can leverage various cloud platforms and deployments
- Participating in pre-sales and sales support activities related to cloud computing and other emerging technologies
- Developing templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
- Setting up or managing backups and patching across the environments
- Identifying new tools and processes to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
- Study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
- Understand and document technical requirements from clients
- Define Migration strategy to move application to cloud
- Design the HA / DR strategies
- Set up process, services and tools around cloud
- Oversee build of the environment & migration plans
- Leverage appropriate AWS services
- Validate the environment to meets all security and compliance controls
- Architect and design and review data and analytic solutions on AWS.
Our Analytics & Cognitive team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Analytics & Cognitive team supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.Technical Requirements
- Education: B.E./B. Tech/M.C.A./M.Sc (CS)
- Experience in building data lake over AWS
- Must possess prior experience in designing and architecting cloud migration projects
- Experience working with AWS technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Data Pipeline, Elastic Search, Glue, DynamoDB, Athena, Kinesis, QuickSight, etc.)
- Design, develop, test, and implement a variety of secure & scalable cloud infrastructure solutions
- Designed and developed secure Virtual Private Cloud environments using VPC, IAM, EC2 instances, Security groups, Network Access control, Elastic IPs, public & private subnets etc.
- Experience with serverless architecture (Lambda), API gateway and RESTful services/JSON etc.
- Experience with one or more relational databases on AWS RDS - Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or cloud data warehouse databases such as AWS Redshift
- Exposure to data migration facilities such as DMS, S3 COPY
- Expertise in designing scalable production systems with high availability using Elastic load balancers & Auto Scaling on different regions and availability zones
- Experience in provisioning and spinning up AWS EC2 instances - on-Demand, Spot, dedicated instances and cost calculation
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and AWS Key Management Service
- Experience in developing applications on AWS Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working with DevOps tools, deployment and orchestration technologies such as AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline etc.
- Experience with monitoring resources and applications using CloudWatch metrics, alarms and logs and tracking user activity, API usage using CloudTrail
- Experience with cloud assessment and migration on-premise workloads onto AWS.
- Experience with Unix/Linux administration and networking
- Expertise in AWS Architecture, Automation Tools and understanding of the agile development process.
- Experience with VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation for cloud infrastructures
- Exposure to one or more of the following: Python, Perl, Ruby or UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience working with AWS Command line utility (CLI) and SDKs.
- Exposure to EMR, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Athena, WAF, CloudHMS, Direct Connect, Glue
- 10+ years of relevant consulting, industry or technology experience
- Proven experience assessing client's workloads and technology landscape for Cloud suitability
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project from architecture standpoint
- Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry to provide thought leadership and mentor team to build necessary competency
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and trustworthiness with key stakeholders in client organization.
- Willingness to travel up in case of project requirement; travel up 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Certification on AWS architecture desirable
- Strong IT consulting experience of AWS Public Cloud based Solutions
- Must possess prior experience in designing and architecting cloud migration projects
- Hands-on experience designing and building solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis, ECS
- Experience in Cloud Computing (Public/Private/Hybrid) specifically on Cloud first application development
- Strong experience in architecting solutions on AWS
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized environments in AWS Cloud Platform.
- Experience writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, UNIX Scripting and/or similar.
- Experience working with technical customers.
- AWS Certified Associate or Professional
- Working knowledge of ITIL and/or agile methodologies.