Oxford s client is in the process of moving applications to the cloud (AWS). One project has resulted in the need of a Java Application/Solution Architect. Currently, the client uses a Java based client-server, middleware application to provide test results to clients. By moving to the cloud (AWS), the application will help their customers improve and automate test results from the client s analyzers.
Current technology stack: CentOS (and other flavors of Red Hat Linux distribution), PostGreSQL, Java, Angular.
3-5 years of Agile methodology
2-3 years knowledge of Atlassian Jira & Confluence
5+ years of design & implementation experience with distributed applications
3-5 years of experience with Java and any Java certifications
2+ years with Angular and proven code review experience
3-5 years of experience with cloud application design and architecture using AWS
Experience with Spring Boot framework.
Knowledgeable with AWS services, especially Aurora, AWS IoT, S3, EC2, Lambda, Amazon MQ.
Experienced in Atlassian development and related tools/add-ons (specifically Jira, Confluence, bitbucket, Zephyr, Crucible).
Experience in requirements gathering, documentation, and mapping (functional requirements to software design requirements).
Must have participated in a greenfield development project from start to finish.
Understanding of DevOps, CI/CD processes
Healthcare IT experience is a plus.
Experience or knowledge in clinical laboratory business domain is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services that will leverage AWS.
2. Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises with our 3rd party providers to implement customer-facing application solutions.
3. Ensures security is integrated into all applications by having an understanding code/library vulnerability, security frameworks OWASP, NIST, and HITRUST security framework is a plus.
4. In partnership with our 3rd party providers and stakeholders, formulate and execute a strategy that supports exceeding revenue objectives leveraging SaaS model for application and support service.
5. Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of the project(s) engagement.
6. Ability to evaluate an application and define an architecture suitable for DevSecOps.
7. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and collaborates and interacts with various teams (Architecture, Development, and Systems/Interface Engineering) in collecting data/information as it pertains to the development of our cloud applications and related services
8. Partners with 3rd Party software development teams to ensure consistent development requirements are being followed.
9. Identifies inadequacies and improvement opportunities in the methods/standards, recommend changes to processes that are in place.
10. Contributes to knowledge tools and communities and ensures project learnings are documented and shared.
11. This individual must possess strong interpersonal, persuasive, problem solving, and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
12. The individual must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, can-do attitude, and a strong desire to set and achieve goals.
Recruiting Executive, Information Technology
Oxford Global Resources
1515 E. Woodfield Road Suite 850
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847.619.0169 | Office