Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Are you crazy about Cloud? Do you have a passion to streamline, automate, and build better applications in AWS? Do you enjoy working with a team, yet are able to be autonomous? ManTech is looking for an AWS Chief Cloud Architect to join our Cloud Migration Team. We are on a mission to build better applications for our nation's military services and we need your help.
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented AWS Chief Cloud Architect to join our team to provide unparalleled support to the Air Force through the Cloud One Migration Program (GCSS-AF-2) Program. The GCSS-AF-2 Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cloud migration program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with many different Air Force Mission Application Teams to assess legacy applications, propose optimized architectures for either AWS or Azure Gov Cloud, and help define a migration plan for how to refactor the application and architect deployment pipelines. You will be challenged with external dependencies, custom solutions, and strict security controls. We would prefer that you're familiar with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, and Team Foundation Services. You should be comfortable writing CloudFormation Templates, Ansible Playbooks, and Bash Scripting.
You'll be expected to work in an Agile Development environment with a team of Database Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and SW Developers to pull together a solution on budget and on time. Our optimal candidate must be customer savvy and be capable of working in a team approach to execution and possess effective written and verbal communication skills. You'll also be expected to be an integral part of the proposal and deliverable team by being able to drive the approach needed to analyze and form migration solutions for the application and then deliver the proposed plan.
As the AWS Chief Cloud Architect you will provide all the necessary technical expertise to architect and design cloud optimized application and environment architecture that comply with the Air Force AWS and Azure Cloud One security requirements and policies. This position ensures effective execution of all architecture tasks with the assigned application migrations. You will also be responsible for providing thought leadership for our clients while providing technical oversight for solution deployment engagements. You will be performing a critical role in understanding the Air Force Mission Application Teams application strategy, proposing effective solutions, and consistently providing high-level customer service. You will interface regularly with Air Force Mission Application Teams and Cloud One development and sustainment teams.
As the AWS Chief Cloud Architect you will:
• Lead the technical engagements to assess Air Force applications, set migration technical objectives, define migration architecture, evaluate risk and plan projects effectively with the rest of the migration team.
• Architects and designs enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
• Align migration team standards, frameworks and security with overall Cloud One security and technology strategy.
• Conduct Design Workshops with Air Force Mission Application Team and Migration Teams as needed during the migrations.
• Design security architecture elements as part of the application migration architecture
• Create application migration solutions that balance performance, TCO in the cloud, and information and cyber security requirements.
Identify security or performance design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
• Analyze current Oracle DB and create a refactoring recommendation on how to migrate to Azure.
• Estimate the hours needed to execute the refactor recommendation.
• Refactor the Oracle database to work with the application in AWS Oracle RDS.
• Execute data migration plan to transfer the data from on premise database to the new cloud database for a smooth cutover in production.
• Test, validate and implement database performance optimization improvements with the migration team and application team.
• Create development and production database environments in support of the new cloud architecture
• Work with the migration team to ensure the refactoring and deployment proceeds per the new architecture plan.
• Provide technical oversight for the migration projects.
• Assist in root cause analysis of refactoring and migration issues as escalated from the migration team.
• Input for technical content on documentation delivered as part of the migration (Test plan, O&M plan, Configuration Mgmt. plan, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. capable of obtaining / maintaining a Secret Security Clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline with 20 years of professional experience; OR 18 years' experience with a related Master's degree; OR 15 years with a related PhD degree.
• Minimum of 7 years with Amazon Web Services, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform including all supporting technologies and toolsets.
• Experience implementing technical solutions in complex and heterogeneous environments that leverage IaaS, SaaS, and/or PaaS Cloud solutions & services.
• Experience developing, configuring, and delivering COTS software in support of enterprise solutions.
• Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
• Experience leading integration planning activities across multiple projects.
• Minimum of 8 years of IT security operational experience, including assessment of information assurance and interoperability.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in security policy and emerging cybersecurity technologies.
• Experience collaborating with Agencies to mature operational processes, reduce redundancies, and develop innovative solutions.
• Experience understanding organizational needs, proposing solutions, and managing project execution efforts designed to deliver overall program benefits for Government Agencies.
• Strong experience in ensuring customer satisfaction, problem resolution, and risk management on several medium to large projects.
• Experience in conducting assessments of application by reviewing technical documentations, conducting interviews and establishing an assessment approach with the migration team.
• General scripting experience.
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment).
• Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels.
• Experience with other Data Persistence platforms: RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres**), NoSQL, Hadoop, Data and Software Migration off / to RDBMS, AWS DBs (RDS, DynamoDB, EMR, Redshift, Aurora, etc.), Data Information Lifecycle Management, Data Security, Big Data.
• Experience in JIRA or similar to track work and Agile / Scrum processes.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Job Function: Directs, plans, controls, and evaluates Web development, architecture, and web administration activities through the management and guidance of subordinate managers, supervisors, and key personnel. Directs the activities of the Web development department. Oversees the development of websites and Internet applications. Provides architectural and big picture oversight for development of new or enhanced websites and Web applications. Works with various Web development and Web design groups within the organization to ensure that the required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features. Provides high-level analysis and guides other members and groups within the department. Maintains effective communication with executives and various managers to ensure goals are met. Responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 12 to 15 years of relevant work experience. Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work