CGI seeks a Mid Level AWS Cloud Administrator.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Engineering, IT etc.) with 4+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator supporting Middleware and Enterprise Applications or similar role for large scale enterprise solutions.
• AWS certification on Advanced Networking and/or Security.
• Must have professional experience managing complex systems and workflow and complex projects with tight deadlines.
• Must have acquired prior experience with government ATO processes, procedures, and administrative support requirements for AWS Cloud and GovCloud.
• Full understanding of, plus 3+ years of compliance experience with, FedRamp and FISMA requirements and procedures for cloud computing.
• 5+ years of experience with building AWS infrastructure or migrating private on premise solutions to cloud hosting environments.
• 5+ years of experience in auto-provisioning of cloud AMI’s using Cloud Formation Templates and Lambda scripts.
• 5+ years of experience with configuration management, cloud orchestration and automation tools.
• Solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
• 3+ years of experience with Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices in a Micro services environment.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
• Extensive experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux system administration - administration within virtualized environments is preferred.
• Experience with AWS Services; EC2, Cloud Formation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS - or equivalent within Azure / GCP.
• Knowledge of and experience with monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
• Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
• Ability to perform cloud performance analysis and optimize distributed cloud systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others.
CGI is seeking an AWS Cloud Systems Administrator with a proven experience to join its Healthcare Practice. The candidate should demonstrate expertise and experience on Cloud Infrastructure assessment, benchmarking, planning, sourcing and implementing a wide range of cloud, mobile, communications and collaboration services. Must have experience in Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices. Must have experience estimating AWS costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Build extensive technical knowledge of virtual machines and applications operating in AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
• Manage instances of FedRamp compliant cloud infrastructure and services in GovCloud environments.
• Perform high-level, day-to-day operational administration of complex multi-user cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits, patches, and upgrades.
• Coordinate, schedule and perform software installations to cloud based operating systems, layered software packages, and databases.
• Support and troubleshoot web applications. This includes deployment of Tomcat applications using AWS and utilizing application and server logs to identify and resolve issues.
• Support applications hosted in an AWS cloud environment, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
• Upgrade and maintain operating systems and application software on LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Linux) and Microsoft Windows (2008 R2, 2012 R2) platforms.
• Perform software installations, including support for Open Source tools, AWS Marketplace tools & COTS applications.
• Daily monitoring of the network, servers, cloud and applications to ensure full availability and optimum performance. Utilize software tools and logs to monitor network and system health.
• Track and manage system certificates, privileged accounts, and database passwords.
• Create and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, administrative instructions, after action reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports.
• Support for system and data security requirements, and documented system artifacts required for security certification.
• Implement and maintain encryption technology (PKI authentication, Vormetric, and KMS).
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and addressing mass storage space requirements.
• Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinates installation and supports operations.
• Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot across multiple applications and create run books and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established.
• Test, evaluate, and recommend next generation software applications and virtualized services for suitability for deployment on managed cloud systems.
• Maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures in support of Approval to Operate (ATO) certifications.
• Train other team members in the day-to-day operational support duties related to cloud infrastructure administration and management.
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -