SAIC is seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer
to support a dynamic program in Chantilly, VA for our Space Systems Sector to interface directly with Customer Programs and application owners.
We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support to solution our Customers' IT challenges. Due to our continued growth we are seeking to add a Cloud Application Technician to our team. Your future duties and responsibilities encompass the engineering of business and technical solutions in support of the Intelligence Community Infrastructure Service Provider leveraging AWS. This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI and Poly.
The AWS Cloud Engineer delivers solutions devised by subject matter experts and engineers, yielding Cloud Solution Offerings for Intelligence Community Customers.
This position performs Echelon 2, TIER 2, IT support such as troubleshooting; problem resolution; and improvements to network performance.
The candidate provides software, system troubleshooting, technical support and guidance to less-experienced technicians.
- The candidate is expected to maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned and participate in special projects as required.
- Required qualifications to be familiar with in this role include configuration and maintenance of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources (e.g. subnets security groups, permissions policies, etc.). Also well versed in the configuration of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- EC2 features for provisioning, monitoring, scaling and distribution of compute infrastructure.
- Leverage AWS capabilities (scalability, elasticity, and high availability) to assist Application Service Providers and Intelligence Community Infrastructure Service Provider to transition from a physical to virtual architecture.
- Help customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud native services from AWS.
- Understand software development with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming.
- Define application architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance, high availability, and optimal performance. Make recommendations to share best-practice knowledge and improve internal processes across the organization.
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments
- Familiarization of Bash & Python languages a plus!
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
My SAIC Benefits.