VariQ, a leader in innovative IT solutions and professional services for federal clients, is seeking motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
, VariQ anticipates performing software development and application enhancements on this O&M contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. VariQ is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile release planning team implementing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation's most critical homeland missions - the storage and processing of student and exchange visitor information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
VariQ is seeking 2 AWS Cloud Engineers
(one junior and one senior)to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SEVIS
contract. Additional Information:
- Location: Rockville MD or Tyson's Corner, VA
- Available: Within 30 days; subject to completing clearance process
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a DHS Public Trust
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other AWS engineers and architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Support DevOps
- Promote great Kubernetes and AWS platform design and quality
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Continuously analyzing and evaluating our systems, products and process for potential improvements
Desired Skills and Tools Experience
- 8 years experience (Senior) with AWS product offerings (e.g. EC2, VPCs, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes (AWS EKS a plus)
- Experience with the AWS Console, CLI and SDK
- Experience with Terraform, CDK or CloudFormation
- Have a broad set of technology skills - DEVSECOPS - Development, Security and Operations
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Platforms and Architecture
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of security and performance best practices for cloud architectures
- Hands-on experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines leveraging a tool such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Be a firm believer in "automate everything"
- Willingness to grow skills and capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
Experience developing and delivering at DHS is preferredOTHER DUTIES
- Databases: Oracle RDBMS, Mongo DB
- Languages and Frameworks: Java, Java EE, Spring
- Front-end: JSP, Angular, Thymeleaf
- Testing: JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber
- Containers: Dockers, Kubernetes
- Git version control
- Java with Spring MVC/REST/Data/Boot/Security, Junit and JPA
- Java Applications servers (Tomcat/Jboss/etc)
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Microservice architecture
- Experience developing in a SaFe Agile environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.