Please note I have direct access to the Hiring VP on this position.
Note: Relocation assistance provided if applicable.
A leading Financial Services Company in its niche is looking for an AWS Cloud Manager. The company has been in business for 12+ years, is publicly traded, is backed by a large global financial services company, has 1300 employees, has $183 Billion in Assets, $2.2 Billion in Net Income, has been voted Top Workplace 6 years running, Gold Level LEED Certified facility and is a highly philanthropic institution ($1.4+ million in donations for 2019).
The AWS Cloud Manager will be responsible for both leading a team of 5 AWS Cloud Engineers and designing and leading the build out of a full AWS Cloud environment. Specifically, the AWS Cloud Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and enhancing an established Cloud Center of Excellence / CCoE
- Leading and mentoring a team of 5 AWS Cloud Engineers.
- Overall AWS Cloud strategy, scaling, performance, operation, capacity and governance
- Designing, architecting and leading the complete build out of the AWS Cloud environment.
- Reviewing the initial high-level AWS Cloud design that is currently supporting approximately 5% of production applications running on AWS. The AWS Cloud Manager will be responsible for creating the AWS Cloud design architecture and road map for migrating the entire environment to a 100% AWS PaaS environment.
- Current AWS Cloud environment:
- Some small IaaS
- EKS and ECS: to fully manage Docker and Kubernetes for Orchestration and Scheduling. AWS Fargate
- IAM: to manage access to AWS services and resources securely
- Lambda: to run code in response to events and automatically manage the computing resources required
- AWS Networking components: VPC, ELB (NLB and ALB), VPN
- AWS Monitoring: CloudFront and CloudWatch
- CloudFormation: Python for Cloud deployments
- AWS Serverless components: SES
- Database/Storage: RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, S3
- Builds: CloudFormation (migrating away from current legacy Terraform)
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Closely interacting with peers of Engineering Teams (12 Teams of 125 Python and Java Developers), SRE Team (Linux), Database Teams (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis), Security and Executive Management to manage the continued AWS Cloud build out and migration process.
- Hiring additional AWS Cloud Engineers as applications and developers continue migration to AWS.
The AWS Cloud Manager will report directly to the VP of IT
- Must have experience designing, building out and deploying AWS Cloud environments
- Experience leading, supervising or managing AWS Cloud Engineers
- Experience with the following AWS Services: EC2, EKS, IAM, Lambda, VPC, ELB, CloudFront, CloudWatch, S3 and/or RDS
- CI/CD and CM tools: Jenkins, Git, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, CircleCI, Travis CI, etc.
- DevOps Scripting: Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- Experience with any of the following are only a plus; NOT Mandatory:
- PaaS and/or IaaS solutions (AWS preferred)
- AWS ECS, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Aurora, SES
- Docker (Swarm) for containerization
- Kubernetes for clustering
- CI tooling: Jenkins, GitHub Actions, SonarQube, Artifactory, etc
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 401k Plan with up to 6% company match and two-year vesting, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) with 15% discount, 4 Weeks Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, HMO/PPO, Vision and Dental, Company paid Life Insurance, Accidental Death Insurance and LT/ST Disability, Family Care and Parental Leave, onsite fitness facility, Employee Assistance Program, Education Reimbursement and Assistance, Wellness Program, Charity Gift Matching and Adoption assistance.