Description: The AWS Cloud Systems Engineer must have at least 10 years of experience. Will participate in the creation and maintenance of development, test and production environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalability within the consumer and pharmaceutical services division. Also, will be responsible for implementing continuous integration and deployment of code to the cloud hosted environments to accelerate development and reduce manual effort.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of the infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Gov Cloud.
- Work with the larger consumer products design team to develop a full Hybrid Cloud Solution.
- Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud-based computing environments.
- Work closely with the architect and engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environments that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements.
- Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the server-based technologies.
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software services.
- Work with the architecture team to design and implement a cloud management solution to potentially span multiple CSP and private clouds.
- Experience designing and building web application environments on AWS, including services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, etc.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ansible, Artifactory, Sonar Qube in a cloud environment.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server system administration.
- Experience with installing and configuring application servers such as WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat.
- Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images.
- Proficient in developing scripts and scripting languages.
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a fast paced working environment and the ability to lead.
- Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
Contract To Hire Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- Experience with technologies to include: AWS, Linux, and Puppet,
- 5 plus years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience.