Technical Data Architect - AWS
Expert Technical Solutions has an immediate opening for an AWS Data Architect with one of our premier clients in Atlanta, GA. Local candidates preferred, however, we are open to candidates that can work remotely in the Eastern and Central time zones. This is a full-time, permanent position.
You will bring advanced knowledge of best-in-class development methodologies, data architecture strategy and road map, and techniques. You must be enthusiastically collaborative, passion for working with people, value seeking, open to challenge and be challenged with new ideas and established approaches with an appetite for learning and innovation.
- Guide and mentor Data Engineers on a day to day basis
- Define and refine data strategy by working closely with Enterprise Architects, Data Governance and App/Dev & BI Leadership for alignment
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions, identifying ways we can use technology to create superior value for our customers.
- High initiative and a passion for driving rapid technical advancement
- Collaborate with a diverse IT team including business analysts, project managers, architects, developers or vendors to create or optimize innovative technologies and solutions
- Provide data architecture guidance for various project teams
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- 7+ years’ experience in writing SQL queries against relational databases (SQL Server, Postgres SQL etc.…)
- 7+ years’ experience in building data warehouses
- 7+ years’ experience in building data pipelines or ETL processes
- 7+ years’ experience in tuning queries for performance and scalability
- 5+ years of experience in AWS native tools set – S3, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, Glue, R, Python or similar tools.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as Data Architect responsible for defining data strategy in alignment with business objectives.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience developing and maintaining data roadmaps, data standards, data domain structures and defining data assets types.
- Strong design/diagram skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Understanding of Meta Data & Master Data Management concepts & practices
- Experience working with enterprise data stores, data lakes, external data sources and APIs
- Experience working with remote teams spread across the globe
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Experience with broad set of analytics use cases; one or more of supply-chain, transportation, sales and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred