AWS DevOps Engineer - Start Today!
7+ Years DevOps Experience
Work location is Washington D.C. or Reston, Virginia (1-2 days of off-site work)
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as AWS DevOps Engineer on a team at a Federal Government with an information-sharing mission. Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client. The ability to be flexible is important as client requirements can shift. Be eager to learn new technologies and methodologies. The client atmosphere is congenial and welcomes ideas that can improve productivity or simplify code. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming challenges.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Be accountable for the delivery and support for AWS infrastructure in support of a major application development and deployment project
- Support the Continuous Integration model and tooling
- Help to support Continuous Delivery pipeline roll out to various environments
- Work directly with an integrated team and external players on a day-to-day basis to ensure application, automation, test and infrastructure requirements
- Take ideas from concept to production through the use of DevOps and Open Source tools
- Facilitate, through automation, the Delivery of Services into the Company and Customers Cloud
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager to support emerging client needs as well.
- 3+ years of solid experience with AWS Services and Automation: CloudFormation, Fargate, SNS, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora) including:
- User management, authentication and authorization (LDAP, etc.)
- Disk Management (partitioning, backups, LVM, hardware and software RAID)
- Software build (gmake, cmake, GNU autoconf and automake, gcc, libtool, RPM building a major plus)
- Network Interface Configuration
- Basic Knowledge of Networking Protocols:
- Switching and Routing
- Understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP and other web protocols
- Understanding of SSL, Certificates, openSSH, openSSL libraries, Squid, etc.
- 3+ years of experience scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- 2+ years of experience with running web and application servers such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Node.js, Play
- 2+ years of experience writing code for one or multiple of the following: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Saltstack
- 2+ years of experience supporting AWS infrastructure using CloudFormation/Ansible/Terraform
- Operational experience supporting at least 99.99% availability systems
- Experience in DevOps tools like Git, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory and Gradle
- Knowledge of Docker containers
- Experience in Agile Methodology and Agile Engineering practices like TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively within a diverse team
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Ability to participate in complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives
- Ability to pass basic government background check
- Degree in a technical discipline
- Cloud Computing experience
- Issue/Bug Tacking/Wiki admin experience with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in Agile Software Methodologies
- Development background with Operations experience
- Excellent communication skills
Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Work location is Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia (1-2 days of off-site work)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident only (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S, on the Entrepreneur 360 companies list, and one of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s Fantastic 50 companies. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, and paid vacation and sick leave.
Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age. Artemis Consulting utilizes e-Verify to check employment authorization.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers