Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Are you crazy about Cloud? Do you have a passion to streamline, automate, and deploy better pipelines in AWS? Do you enjoy working with a team, yet are able to be autonomous? ManTech is looking for a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Migration Team. We are on a mission to build better applications for our nation's military services and we need your help.
We are looking for a talented AWS DevOps Engineer who can analyze existing on premise applications, design an appropriate automated AWS pipeline, and work with the migration team to build and execute the automated pipeline. You'll be challenged with external dependencies, custom solutions, and strict security controls. You should bring deep experience of DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, , CSP CLI's, and containers to the team.
You will work in an Agile Development environment with a team of Architects, RDS Engineers, and SW Developers to pull together a solution on budget and on time. Our optimal candidate must be customer savvy and be capable of working in a team approach to execution and possess effective written and verbal communication skills. You'll also be expected to be an integral part of the proposal and deliverable team by being able to drive the approach needed to analyze and form migration solutions for the application and then deliver the proposed plan.
You need to be willing to learn other automation and pipeline platforms as well as motivated to learn new technologies. We want you to take those CSP certifications and we'll provide training to help you get there.
We are a team of people who love all things Cloud. We are pushing to build a well-oiled migration machine to churn out quality applications for our Nation's Military. We come from a variety of backgrounds with experience in all shapes and sizes of engagements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The AWS DevOps Engineer will work with the rest of the migration team to assess existing on premise applications and form a migration plan proposal that entails automated deployment into AF AWS Gov Cloud environment. Once the proposal is accepted and migration is awarded, you will work with the team to build the pipeline and migrated and test the application. You will be expected to work in an Agile Development environment deliver the migrated application on budget and on time.
Specific Tasks may include:
Analyze current on premise applications to create a proposal for the automated pipeline design
Build automated pipelines in ManTech Lab associated with application migrations
Estimate the hours needed to execute the pipeline work
Work with Oracle RDS Engineer to deploy refactored databases and test in the development lab
Work with SW Developers to deploy refactored code and test in the development lab
Support development AWS lab environment for the refactoring team
Deploy full solution into the AF GovCloud AWS environment and security harden
Test environment and help troubleshoot bugs as applicable during the testing phase
Input for technical content on documentation delivered as part of the migration (Test plan, O&M plan, Configuration Mgmt. plan, etc.)
Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
Developing templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Secret Security Clearance.
• 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
• 5+ years of experience with cloud technologies.
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, ECS, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, Systems Manager, Config, CloudFront, VPC security configuration, and cost management.
• Hands on experience with DevOps/Automation tools including AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, Git.
• Automation software (e.g., OpsWorks, Puppet, Chef).
• Building a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline pipelines enabled by Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Terraform, and Packer.
• Installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux and Windows servers.
• Experience with Agile development and methodologies.
• Setup and maintenance of J2EE/.NET build configurations using these tools.
• Setup and maintenance of automated testing within tools including Selenium Grid, SonarQube, and Fortify.
• Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts - (Focus on AWS Networking, Palo Alto and Cisco DMVPN).
• Experience with Security- IAM, Active Directory, Centrify, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening.
• System Administration Experience with RedHat Linux or Windows Server 2012R2/2016.
• Professional or Specialty AWS Certifications are considered a plus for this position.
• Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment).
• Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels.
• Working knowledge of at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++, C#) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl).
• Experience in Jira to track work and Agile/Scrum processes.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Job Function: Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance an operating system. Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software operating systems for the organization's products. Responsible for the instruction, assigning, and overseeing the performance of less experienced software systems engineers. Coordinates the activities of the software engineering department with other sections of the corporation's information systems operation. May train and supervise subordinate systems engineers. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience. Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work