Our client is looking for an AWS Engineer for a 6+ month contract opportunity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of virtual machines, cloud instances, IT systems hardware and software and other related infrastructure in AWS cloud environments using Cloud Formation.
• Provision, administer and optimize AWS workloads. Automate environment deployments in AWS using CloudFormation; building and supporting a highly available and multisite environments.
• Perform hands on administration & systems engineering of the IT infrastructure to assure that systems meet or exceed business needs and expectations.
• Provide Cloud Infrastructure subject matter expertise and technical leadership; lead complex System Administration tasks and IT Infrastructure projects to successful completion.
• Gathering requirements, analyzing, designing, developing, testing, maintaining and building platforms on AWS.
• Develop logical and physical infrastructure designs of infrastructure proposed solutions based on business requirements.
• Perform / oversee daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all IT Infrastructure, systems and key IT processes.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, system upgrades, regular patching, security remediation and resource optimization as required.
• Provide Systems Engineering support of production and non-production environments.
• 7+ years of experience of Systems Administration experience.
• 4+ years of experience of AWS administration.
• Hands-on Infrastructure as Code experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with CloudFormation.
• Hands-on experience with repetitive-task automation experience via scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, etc).
• Hands-on experience deploying applications with Docker, AWS Elastic Container Repository (ECR) and AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS).
• Hands-on experience with implementing and/or deploying EC2 auto-scaling groups, ELBs, Lambda functions, Elastic Cache and other key AWS scaling technologies.
• Identifying system vulnerabilities and securing AWS environments.
• Windows and Linux Server Administration.
• Strong written / verbal communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels.
• Working knowledge of web and application server architecture for public clouds.
• Advanced experience and knowledge of networking and cyber security.
• Hands-on DevOps experience with building CI/CD pipelines in AWS using Code Deploy or AWS Code Pipeline is a plus.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
Minimum of 5+ years of comprehensive Windows / Linux Systems Administration.
Minimum of 4+ years of experience of AWS administration experience.
One of the following Certifications:
o AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional Certification.
o AWS SysOps Administrator Associate or Professional Certification.
o AWS DevOps Engineer Professional
Are you available? Please send your current resume to Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference JO# 16626
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App "MBG Jobs", visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp