Position: AWS Cloud Engineer
Location: Vienna, VA
Duration: 6-12 Months+
- Be responsible for designing, deploying and supporting cloud-based hosting environments on AWS using transient routing, load-balancing and highly available architectures spanning data centers/regions
- Support pre-sales engagements covering infrastructure, network connectivity, identity, encryption, CI/CD and cloud migration projects
- Evaluate and recommend AWS services, third-party software and services covering cybersecurity, networking, identity, CI/CD, firewalls, and migration services
- Self-starter with experience in networking, virtualization, and server management with the ability to operate with minimal directions and produces results
- Must have experience in networking, virtual infrastructure, server management/administration with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Experience with multiple production deployments and managed services for Windows and Linux environments handling issues around networking, security, migration and identity services
- Troubleshooting and analysis skills of critical application, data, security and networking issues covering both Linux and Windows based applications
- Experience with developing and supporting Active Directory, Firewalls, Vulnerability Management, Logging and Monitoring with the ability to critically evaluate and recommend solutions based on client requirements
- Understanding of vulnerability management, systems administration and managed services as well as managed security services
- Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience with a successful track record in working in a systems administration, networking and virtualized environment along with some exposure to AWS
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a customer service based approach. They should have experience and familiarity with infrastructure, VPN, cloud, virtualization, security and networking and familiarity with cloud computing. This is a hands-on implementation and architecture role.