We are looking for a strong Lead Java Developer with AWS and backend development experience to join our team in Washington, DC! Must have at least 8 years of U.S.-based experience.
The project objective is to update some functionality within an existing, legacy revenue accounting system with a modern, expandable environment developed with the Amazon Web Service environment. The new system will ingest data from legacy systems through either Kinesis or S3, processes the data via Lambda for storage in either an Aurora PostgreSQL. The system will then output data to existing revenue systems and data warehouses to meet the needs of the revenue accounting users.
- The Java lead is a hands-on role that will spend most of their time writing code. 70% of time on coding and 30% time on helping other team members
- Should be a senior Java developer that has some experience being the most senior developer on a project and that has mentored other developers
- Go-to person for development hard problems, Java/AWS design, code standards, code reviews etc.
- 8 to 10 years Java and J2EE Development experience
- 3+ years experience in leading/mentoring 4 to 5 developers in the previous projects
- 4 to 5 years experience with PostgreSQL database, or similar RDBMS (such as Oracle, SQL Server, MY SQL, DB2) JSON file and XML file formats
- 3+ years experience with AWS Kinesis, Lambda, S3 Bucket, Aurora
- 4+ years experience with exceptions handling, retry and batch files processing
- 3+ years experience in Agile software development methodology
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive Demonstrated capability working as a member of an agile software team
- 1 to 2 years experience with Business Rules integration
- Experience in analyzing legacy files and converting them into technical requirements
- 1 to 2 years experience with AWS Glacier
- Experience in creating production deployment readiness docs-Run books, deployment plan etc.